Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ianray

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
@
Not good news. Hopefully it only affects a small set of customers, and hopefully they get replacement devices quickly.

Troy2000

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2009
Here we go again...

Why has every Apple product which I have purchased in the last 9 months had a yellow tint on the screen?

scoobierules

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
I have 2 spots on my screen! M**********r!!!!!!!!!
Just set everything up and checked it out!!!!!
I should of just waited until after the launch!

Xian Zhu Xuande

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
I feel terrible for them. They'll have to deal with a minor/slight discoloration on their screen for whole weeks until they can get a replacement. :(

I think I've figured this out. Since it is such big news, news sites report on any small detail they can possibly come up with, regardless of how well substantiated it is. If this is impacting a large number of people that's quite one thing (e.g. hairline cracks on the 3GS; noticed best on white). If not, or if it's just one of those vocal minority things, it needs scope.

Still, good to know. I'll look for it when I get my new phone.

nemaslov

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco
Too bad. It will be fixed. This is why I always wait about three or four months. Wait til the rush is over and to see if there are any early glitches.

g000

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2008
the QC guy at foxconn had a tough time keeping his eyes open at the end of his shift after having worked 30 hrs straight...

ggbrown

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2003
While disappointing....it's not the end of the world.

Having worked in technology for a few decades, production flaws are bound to occur. Just recently we took delivery of a high quality HP server which was found to have a flawed motherboard. Not ideal, but it was replaced without question.

My experience with Apple in the tech support area over the years has been second to none, and I'm sure this will be the case with the new iPhone and those experiencing this issue.

While this problem clouds the party, the phone is still usable. Actually, it looks like it's most notable on light coloured backgrounds....which can't be EVERY app.

Count yourself lucky if you even HAVE a new iPhone...other countries wait patiently.

carmenodie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2008
Why do these(for some reason never mentioned by name or face) people always send in pictures rather than video of this crap?

With that said.
MINE BETTER NOT HAVE ANY DISCOLORATION!!!!!!

CaryMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2006
Morrisville, NC
The solution is simple...if you get one that is discolored, demand another one...and another one...and another one until you get what you paid for. When spending that kind of money, you should be getting a flawless product.

SansArc

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2009
lol who buys apple products on launch date???

sukas...dats who.

i'll be waiting til next years version without any problems.

This does not strike me as an issue Apple is going to wait to fix til next version. But I imagine the next version will undoubtably be flawless.:rolleyes:

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003
Whats with the racial comments? We don't need those losers on MacRumors.

kcmac

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2002
^^^^ LOL - with a picture of a cover from iTunes... ;)

This has happend with the first Touch's and the first 3G (?) phones - just bring it in and Apple will replace them on the spot...
Exactly. Then you get a brand new shiny one with no scratches/wear. I'm hoping mine has this issue! hahahaa::D

CaryMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2006
Morrisville, NC
Maybe Steve's response to MyPods and Broomsticks

"You all think you are all so cool because you buy a $500 phone with a fruit on it. Well they cost $8 to make and I pee on every one of them"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.