Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
QUICK Rabid forum members, we've dug up another minor bug that a handful of users are experiencing....GO MAD, GO GO GO!

Next a topic on that if you press the emoji laugh icon on the touch bar twice on a Tuesday it only registers once on a small batch of 13" MacBook Pro's running 10.12.1 (16B2657) after 8pm.
How many threads are you going to post the same comment before realizing the "common thread" in all the threads is bugs/issues from Apple? At some point, it's going to dawn on you that maybe, just maybe the MBP is a bit buggy.

To be fair, release buggy-fix later is modus operandi for tech from any company these days. It's not just Apple. But to constantly apologize for, and be accepting of buggy releases only encourages companies to continue doing business as is.

If you were to complain that early adopters should quit batching because they know that the price of early adoption is buggy hardware/software I'd get behind that idea all day every day. But that "it's minor" meme you got going is pretty sad. Think of it like this. Each bug is a nickel. If I hit you with one, it's a minor annoyance. If I put a bunch of them in a sock (MBP) and hit you with them, you're going to be pissed... and most likely concussed, but pissed nonetheless... that is if the retrograde amnesia doesn't set in. If it does, I'll just tell you that you fell and bumped your head. Wait, where was I?

Oh yeah, please get some new material for the next inevitable bug.:D:p

Sefstah

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2015
You're dragging it wrong. The new new MacBook Pro will have an updated trackpad. Wait till then.

macTW

Suspended
Oct 17, 2016
Has there been a single Apple product in recent memory with this many software-hardware integration problems?
Has there been a single Apple product that still works well despite a few problems, as compared to many non-Apple products?

If the only major issues are misreading the GPU type and not registering three-finger swipe... I'll take it.

TigerWoodsIV

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Hoping they magically fix this by the time they build and ship the one I ordered last night lol. Gonna give that a 0% chance

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
I honestly expected some issues like this with how freaking large that new trackpad is.

They had to implement palm refraction whereas on the previous model it either doesn't exist at all or exists only minimally. Palm rejection can never be perfect, especially if you're trying to do complex gestures near the edges.

I think this is something they'll improve in response to usability reports like these. Whether they can solve all issues for all people remains to be seen but it seems unlikely.

Can't say I use 3-finger drag. But I do use the gesture to swipe between Exposé Spaces.

Quasi26

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2009
Same issue here. Its annoying, but it "feels" like this should be fixable in software.

Hyloba

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2014
Hurray me for being the first to experience and report this over two weeks ago.

I am now prepared to collect my shiny stars.

Reactions: Azmodan79

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
So we could only comment if we have this laptop?

That's the requirement. You have to spend the $4,000 before you can complain that it's too buggy to buy. Until then, you have no right to express your expectations.

It is completely unreasonable to expect that Apple should get the product design right, prior to you handing over your hard earned money.

/sarcasm

Last edited:

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
Now that Jonny is done making that book over the last 8 years....maybe he has some time to design and test the products.

Oh no...

They'll discover that the keyboard is ancient and obsolete. And sticking to their belief that touch screens don't work and pen input is not a good idea, we'll be left with a Mac that has no means of data entry.

Welcome the new MacOS tablet, isn't it beautiful? What does it do? Absolutely nothing. It's art.

kevinkyoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2016
QUICK Rabid forum members, we've dug up another minor bug that a handful of users are experiencing....GO MAD, GO GO GO!

Next a topic on that if you press the emoji laugh icon on the touch bar twice on a Tuesday it only registers once on a small batch of 13" MacBook Pro's running 10.12.1 (16B2657) after 8pm.

I've noticed you posting the same type of message in these articles. The first few times may have been perceived isolated incidents, but now it just seems like poor QC. And yeah, if I spent as much on these devices, I'd be mad with how many problems there are.

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68020
Feb 13, 2005
I honestly expected some issues like this with how freaking large that new trackpad is.

They had to implement palm refraction whereas on the previous model it either doesn't exist at all or exists only minimally. Palm rejection can never be perfect, especially if you're trying to do complex gestures near the edges.

I think this is something they'll improve in response to usability reports like these. Whether they can solve all issues for all people remains to be seen but it seems unlikely.

Can't say I use 3-finger drag. But I do use the gesture to swipe between Exposé Spaces.

I test drove a new MBP in-store. My hand was uncomfortable where the flesh of my palm sat on the edge of the oversized trackpad. What is the point of the larger size again?

StandardFlint

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2016
Count me among the users this has affected. It was one of the first things I noticed when using the trackpad. The action will stop mid gesture and usually it has to be done multiple times. It's like one issue after the other with this thing. Wow I paid a lot of money to be disappointed.

They had so much freaking time to get this right and avoid obvious issues. As an aside, my laptop has already crashed twice so far, to the point where I had to hold down the power button to restart it. Got it on Tuesday.

can't wait for all the comments from those who don't own said laptops.

I own this laptop. So far it's been buggy as hell. Hi.

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
I tested this at the Apple store on one of the display models (13" non TB). I noticed that 3 finger drag almost seemed app dependent. It worked ok on built in apple apps but was much less reliable on Microsoft office apps. Obviously I only tested this for a few minutes but that was my impression.

I use 3 finger drag all the time so I hope this gets resolved!

Reactions: StandardFlint

IG88

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2016
That'll definitely be next. Remember the iPhone 7 buzzing...

It turns out a batch of 15" MacBook Pros have fans that make white noise that resonates in A# where as Apple have said it should be F.
#brown_note_gate ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.