Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papa deuce

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
I went to the apple site on compatibility and this camera is not listed. The guy at the apple store said not to worry; he has never known a camera from Sony not to work with iMovie. But I have had a problem with a panasonic camcorder and don't want any problems this time. Any input from Sony owners? Thanks in advance.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
papa deuce said:
I went to the apple site on compatibility and this camera is not listed. The guy at the apple store said not to worry; he has never known a camera from Sony not to work with iMovie. But I have had a problem with a panasonic camcorder and don't want any problems this time. Any input from Sony owners? Thanks in advance.

The HC40 is fairly new which is why it may not appear.

Beware the 16:9 option because that is not compatible with imovie
http://www.dvspot.com/reviews/sony/hc40-review/index.shtml

I would also look at the canon range as well. They generally have better battery life (very important) and cheaper accessories.

If you were going to splash out on Final Cut Express 2.0, 16:9 is supported and I would take a close look at the new Canon Elura 70 (65 and 60) which is on par with the HC40 for features but on paper looks like a better camera...imho

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.