Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viacavour

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2012
Spotify already does all of this for the same price and a larger music catalog

Spotify's offline download supports up to 3333 songs on 3 devices, and the service does not run on Playstations. I'm still trying to download more songs on MU to see if I can exceed that limit.

They both carry songs from the usual major labels.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
will this include sony paid data? Or will it be optimized to use minimal 3G/LTE data?

tomccabe

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
Oh sure, you tried to sue us out of the digital future and now you want us to pay YOU for a digital service? Take a ****ing hike. :rolleyes:

Major labels: I will NEVER EVER AGAIN directly give you any of my money for how you have handled the last 10 years and held back the future of music distribution.

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
It tried it out in my psvita and I like it better then pandora radio..you can play songs over and over skip/replay/play off line music/make playlist ect..but I returned my psvita because it was not for me didn't have time for gaming on it plus games cost like 40$ each/memory cards too much..ect..

Heyref

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2012
Seriously?

Is there anyone on this planet still stupid enough to:
  1. Give a credit card number to Sony,
  2. Buy music from Sony, or
  3. Expect any online serve from Sony to actually work reliably?

blumpkin

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
Me, I'm a MOG man:D
This. 15+ million songs streaming or downloadable to your iPhone @320 kbps for $10/month? That's like the price of a sandwich. For me it was a no-brainer. The time I save alone from not having to manage a massive music library was worth it. If it had been available years ago I would've spent a lot more time listening to music.

zarusoba

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2006
Australia
In Australia, we don't have MOG or Spotify... yet. The latter is "coming soon", whatever that means. And the local iTunes store is limited by licensing agreements. There's stuff on the US iTunes Store that I'd like to get, but don't want to jump through the hoops required to get it.

So assuming this Sony service is available here, I'd give it a go.

Me, I'm a MOG man:D

What makes me pick this over buying off itunes or having a monthly fee with spotify.

Last edited:

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Spotify is $9.99/ month. After trying the NFL Ticket on a Sony and seeing my Dad go through issues with his Sony SXRD, and the entire hack scandal. I have no desire to ever give Sony any money. Their streaming services are terrible! PSN = Pure ***** Network!

Samsung > Sony in the TV industry
Canon > Sony in the Camera Industry
Xbox > Sony in the gaming industry

and the list goes on, I should start a boycott Sony website!

Don't know when the bottom fell out, but they used to make a lot of cool stuff
with great design.

Still have some hanging around.

For the last umpteen years I never had the desire to buy anything SONY.

Konrad9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2012
Spotify is $9.99/ month. After trying the NFL Ticket on a Sony and seeing my Dad go through issues with his Sony SXRD, and the entire hack scandal. I have no desire to ever give Sony any money. Their streaming services are terrible! PSN = Pure ***** Network!

Samsung > Sony in the TV industry
Canon > Sony in the Camera Industry
Xbox > Sony in the gaming industry

and the list goes on, I should start a boycott Sony website!

Can't disagree on the TV or camera industries, but the gaming industry one is completely opinion. I had an Xbox and no PS2, and my 360 gets more use than my PS3 but to say Microsoft is doing better than Sony in regards to gaming is flat out false.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.