Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

micvog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
When the iMac G5s first came out, there was an occassional "popping sound" problem. I most often experienced it when iTunes was playing in the background and a system sound was played. Apple fixed it with one of the Panther updates.

Well... for me, it is back on my 17" iMac G5 1.8GHz w/SuperDrive. Is anyone else having this problem?

FWIW, I did a clean install of Tiger, installed and updated both iLife '05 and Office 2004, and moved data files back.

Thanks.

micvog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
FYI... Apple's discussion boards appear to be down right now.

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2005
Stoke-on-Trent. Midlands, UK
im having this problem, I thought it was just EyeTv at first,, but its not its everything. And when a system sounds like msn saying ive an email, then it comes back. Ive not really bothered with it for ages because ive had my iMac hooked up to my amp, but ive moved it downstairs while i fix another pc, and its soooo annoying.

micvog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
StokeLee said:
im having this problem, I thought it was just EyeTv at first,, but its not its everything. And when a system sounds like msn saying ive an email, then it comes back. Ive not really bothered with it for ages because ive had my iMac hooked up to my amp, but ive moved it downstairs while i fix another pc, and its soooo annoying.

I don't have the problem anymore; IIRC it was fixed with 10.4.1. Have you tried re-setting the PRAM?

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2005
Stoke-on-Trent. Midlands, UK
ok did that, reset the PRAM, and its still doing it.
So weird,,

Ive had a good search on apples website, but too be honest the answer could be there but if you dont search with the exact correct phrase i dont seem to find anything like this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.