Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EllaBella8a

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2018
So today, me being me, I dropped my phone in a fairly large puddle today. And again, me being me, I thought nothing of it.

So when I went to play music through my phone (without the headphones) it says that it is still stuck in headphone mode?

Once I actually put the headphones in, the music plays through them! I know that the speakers do actually work because I messed around with the sound systems and discovered that if I rang my phone on a differant one, it would be able to play music? Like I would just call my phone on the home phone and have the call run in the background so that I can watch YouTube or listen to music.

So it’s just that it is stuck in headphone mode. I’ve tried cleaning out the headphone jack and blowing on it and all that but none of it works, so this is kind of my last resort before I have to buy a new one all together.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Bring it to a repair shop so they can disassemble, ultrasonically clean, and dry it.

Contaminants in water slowly corrodes the components inside, even after the water has evaporated.

EllaBella8a

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2018
Bring it to a repair shop so they can disassemble, ultrasonically clean, and dry it.

Contaminants in water slowly corrodes the components inside, even after the water has evaporated.
Yeah, i’m Going to bring it to the apple store ASAP, I rly don’t want to get a new phone rn..

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Yeah, i’m Going to bring it to the apple store ASAP, I rly don’t want to get a new phone rn..

The Apple Store will simply replace your phone if you're willing to pay a few hundred dollars. They are not there to save you money or do low level repairs. You need a proper phone repair shop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.