Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wirewyrm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2003
Anyone in the UK might like to know that John Lewis in Southampton now has the 1.6 Ghz G5 on display to demo. The Mac guy to talk to there is called Alex.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Re: Southampton John Lewis

Originally posted by wirewyrm
Anyone in the UK might like to know that John Lewis in Southampton now has the 1.6 Ghz G5 on display to demo. The Mac guy to talk to there is called Alex.

I'll be going to the one in Kingston VERY soon, also my school's G5's are arriving this week **drool**.

codemother

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2002
UK
tomorrow

I'll pop in to Robert Sayle (the name of John Lewis in Cambridge) and see what they have got and let you know!

we've got a Cancom in Cambridge too...they must have them soon???

C.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
I ended up getting there at 11 am. I spotted the over-sized G5 tower from across the department. It's great though, I couldn't play with it because they had loads of staff playing around it. They also have changed a room they used to have reserved for VERY expensive speakers into a place of worship for the G5 and iLife with posters and demos and a projector running a video of the g5 on the wall. Head over to check it out. :D

pinks

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2003
EH3
Originally posted by Wes
I ended up getting there at 11 am. I spotted the over-sized G5 tower from across the department. It's great though, I couldn't play with it because they had loads of staff playing around it. They also have changed a room they used to have reserved for VERY expensive speakers into a place of worship for the G5 and iLife with posters and demos and a projector running a video of the g5 on the wall. Head over to check it out. :D

Excellent!!! (he says in the style of Monty Burns)... i'll be there within the hour.

MicroAnvika's have had them for few days on Tottenham Court Road according to a reliable source...well...my Dad.

In a related note... the advertsing of the G5 in UK (on Channel 4 most nights) seems to be making quite an impact. I've heard a number of people taking about it - just hope that the interest transfers into sales.

Al

tom.96

Suspended
Jun 13, 2003
nice

I live about 20 mins from soton... might just have to have a drive there soon. JL is excellent for macs, I got my last one there. Going to get panther at JL soon too!

Blackstealth

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2003
Bradford, UK
Hi-Tec in Bradford has a 1.6 demo machine in. Runs very nice, though the guys there tell me that until they get a Dual 2Ghz in then the Dual 1.42 G4 is the fastest machine in the store.

Knox

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 1, 2002
UK
Just to update this a bit, went into John Lewis (Glasgow) today to enquire about the duals. John Lewis have ordered 160 with 80 due to arrive in their warehouses on the 22nd, likely be in stores a week and a bit after that [edit]if they actually get them on the 22nd of course[/edit]. You can reserve them with no obligation to buy (which is what i ended up doing - the date i've got on my reservation is the 15th of October)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.