Southampton John Lewis

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by wirewyrm, Sep 10, 2003.

1. wirewyrm macrumors newbie

Anyone in the UK might like to know that John Lewis in Southampton now has the 1.6 Ghz G5 on display to demo. The Mac guy to talk to there is called Alex.

2. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Re: Southampton John Lewis

I'll be going to the one in Kingston VERY soon, also my school's G5's are arriving this week **drool**.

3. codemother macrumors newbie

tomorrow

I'll pop in to Robert Sayle (the name of John Lewis in Cambridge) and see what they have got and let you know!

we've got a Cancom in Cambridge too...they must have them soon???

C.

4. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Re:John Lewis Kingston

OMG!
    It'd be cracking if the Kingston branch does have one on demo...Isleworth is just down the road, do me a favour and post if they have. cheers.

5. codemother macrumors newbie

Cancom in Cambridge have......

Both 1.8 and 1.6 models in stock.
    Goodluck.
    C.

6. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

7. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I ended up getting there at 11 am. I spotted the over-sized G5 tower from across the department. It's great though, I couldn't play with it because they had loads of staff playing around it. They also have changed a room they used to have reserved for VERY expensive speakers into a place of worship for the G5 and iLife with posters and demos and a projector running a video of the g5 on the wall. Head over to check it out. :D

8. pinks macrumors regular

Excellent!!! (he says in the style of Monty Burns)... i'll be there within the hour.

MicroAnvika's have had them for few days on Tottenham Court Road according to a reliable source...well...my Dad.

In a related note... the advertsing of the G5 in UK (on Channel 4 most nights) seems to be making quite an impact. I've heard a number of people taking about it - just hope that the interest transfers into sales.

Al

9. tom.96 macrumors regular

nice

I live about 20 mins from soton... might just have to have a drive there soon. JL is excellent for macs, I got my last one there. Going to get panther at JL soon too!

10. Blackstealth macrumors regular

Hi-Tec in Bradford has a 1.6 demo machine in. Runs very nice, though the guys there tell me that until they get a Dual 2Ghz in then the Dual 1.42 G4 is the fastest machine in the store.

11. Knox Administrator

Knox

Staff Member

Just to update this a bit, went into John Lewis (Glasgow) today to enquire about the duals. John Lewis have ordered 160 with 80 due to arrive in their warehouses on the 22nd, likely be in stores a week and a bit after that [edit]if they actually get them on the 22nd of course[/edit]. You can reserve them with no obligation to buy (which is what i ended up doing - the date i've got on my reservation is the 15th of October)