Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
The amount of spam email I've been receiving in my @mac.com account, which I've had for years and years is getting ridiculous. I actually use the alias email address more and hardly ever the main login email but all of the spam goes to that main email account. I keep sending things to the junk folder hoping the spam filters will start catching them but it doesn't seem to be helping.

The only way Apple will get on top of this is for all to report them....It's free account after all, so it's not as if Apple users have any real economic clout...I just continue to forward them all...Seems to be a little better, only 5 today.

powers74

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2008
At the bend in the river
I signed up for an @me account shortly before the launch of icloud so I could lock in the address I wanted. I get maybe a couple spam emails a month, but I honestly don't even pay attention to what they are, who they're from which email they targeted... Maybe I should!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.