Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
I ordered the Speck Fitted Tartan case from the free case program on day 1. Says it'll be delivered around 8/19 in case anyone is curious.

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
I think that's the one I got (black/grey tartan pattern on the back) ... I ordered mine the day the app came out & got it a week ago. Very interesting ...

Still trying to decide whether or not I like it better than the Griffin Reveal I bought w/my own money Day 1 :\

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
I think that's the one I got (black/grey tartan pattern on the back) ... I ordered mine the day the app came out & got it a week ago. Very interesting ...

Still trying to decide whether or not I like it better than the Griffin Reveal I bought w/my own money Day 1 :\

Keeping this case as a back up for my back up case. Waiting on a cheapo BotterOx case from eBay and my Contour Showcase. Didn't even really want this case but it was free so, oh well. Another case can't hurt.

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
I wasn't too sure about it, at first - the buttons are a little more difficult to reach, since the case does add a touch more to the thickness of the phone than the Reveal case does; as well, it was a little awkward to hold in my hands for texting, because it's not completely flush on the back like the Reveal, but I think I've gotten used to it ;)

falconeight

Apr 6, 2010
My wife has this case, and I can honestly say that it is probably the best case in the market. First its free, very protective, feels good in the hand, looks good, and access to all the buttons is good, the fabric feels nice.

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
mine got shipped, good luck to all who is waiting ... finally free case (i already using power support screens to protect the precious! :D )

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Just got the email that mine has shipped. Ordered on day three of the great case giveaway

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.