Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alice.c

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2013
I think they have the worse customer service!

plus their case looks so much better on the website than the real thing.

I like their screen protector (but not for the iPhone 6, fitting is crap), their case is not so good IMO

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
UPDATE: Out for Delivery!!!

My case finally shipped and it's out for delivery. I should receive any minute now. Unbelievable it only took 19 business days (since 9/13) to get here!:rolleyes:
15487600401_b63275bcee_o.png

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I ordered a Slim and a Tough for my 6+ via Amazon with an expected delivery of 10/23.

However, I have Prime and just received notification from Amazon that my order has shipped. To me, since the order was placed with Prime in place, I oughta be getting my cases tomorrow, not two weeks from now.

Thoughts?

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
UPDATE: Received my case! FINALLY!!!

Yesterday I came home late from work and notice my case finally arrived in the mail! After so many days it finally came!:D:D:D
15309944859_22ee79959c_o.jpg

15496857805_a720802bc1_o.jpg

It's too late now to use this case because I already like Incipio NGP I have for my iPhone 6 now. The NGP has a bigger cut out for the camera compare to Capsule. However, I do notice the Capsule is a little bit more thinner and fits not as tight compare to the NGP.

In all, if I didn't have a case I would be satisfy with the Capsule.

Well I learn my lesson. Never buy directly from Spigen ever again. #Spigengate

Last edited:

Viremia

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
I bought a Neo Hybrid Metal from Amazon, though sold/handled by Spigen, and it took a lot longer than they indicated to get it.

Ordered it on the 14th, said it would ship by the 25th (I think)
Sent an email on the 27th, got a boilerplate response about greater volume than expected.
Finally shipped on the 30th.
Finally, finally arrived via pack mule (I can only guess) on the October 10th

Looks nice. Will have to wait until next week to test it on the 6+ when the phone arrives. I have no idea if it will suffer from the button problem or if the delay was to fix manufacturing/design issues with initial run of this case.

Bulldog Dave

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Finally got my Spigen neohybrid in the mail today for my 6. Ordered on the 13th of sept. Nice case. Ordered from Spigen won't do that again. Cheaper on Amazon and wouldn't have to wait as long. Worth the wait though, nice case and they fixed the button issue on mine. They work like a champ.Got the gunmetal grey,looks sharp.

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I finally got mine on Thursday, exactly four weeks after I ordered it through Amazon. The plastic manufacturer's packaging that the case comes in was dirty and had smudges and dust all over it. I haven't even opened the case, I already got a different one that came in half the time for my phone. I might just sell this one since I already got a refund for it. Won't do business with Spigen again.

Hade5

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2014
I bought a Neo Hybrid Metal from Amazon, though sold/handled by Spigen, and it took a lot longer than they indicated to get it.

Ordered it on the 14th, said it would ship by the 25th (I think)
Sent an email on the 27th, got a boilerplate response about greater volume than expected.
Finally shipped on the 30th.
Finally, finally arrived via pack mule (I can only guess) on the October 10th

Looks nice. Will have to wait until next week to test it on the 6+ when the phone arrives. I have no idea if it will suffer from the button problem or if the delay was to fix manufacturing/design issues with initial run of this case.

Can you tell me how well the neo hybrid metal flexes? I feel like the added aluminum with this case would prevent bending with the 6+. But I don't have my own nhb nor has my 6+ shipped yet.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
So I ordered the Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal Series (Blue) on 9/15/14 and looks like I have to wait till 11/5/2014 for them to ship it. Worse thing is the first time i tried to order, I got a blank page and I did not get an confirmation e-mail and did not know whether my order went through or not.

However, I checked my bank account and it looks like I got charged. So I have been charged and not sure whether my order went through or not. Next day I try again and this time it goes through. I've contacted Spigen and yes I am aware that they sent out an apology e-mail. But still unacceptable, and I have even left a message on their facebook about the issue.

Oh well I guess I'll have to stick around a bit and be patient and just use the apple silicone case for the time being.

Viremia

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
Can you tell me how well the neo hybrid metal flexes? I feel like the added aluminum with this case would prevent bending with the 6+. But I don't have my own nhb nor has my 6+ shipped yet.

The aluminum bumper is pretty thin so I don't see it providing significant flex prevention, though every little bit helps I assume. I'm not planning on carrying my phone in my pocket too often so I'm not really concerned with bending it.

BoricuaHec01

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
I also finally received my Neo Hybrid Ex Series today. Despite the long wait, I'm overall satisfied with the product. It looks like I got the good batch because the buttons work 100% perfectly out the box, the response is way better then my other two cases.

carreragt7

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Anyone have a Capsule in the gray or black (with perforation on back) that they don't want anymore? I might be interested in buying it.

It sounds like Spigen got hit a lot harder with demand for the 6 cases and couldn't handle it, but I think it's a bit ridiculous how quickly people hop on the #______gate these days. There are a lot of companies that experience shipping delays due to manufacturing issues or simply more demand than they can produce quickly for. I could understand if Apple released their design to 3rd party case manufacturers in advance so they have time to fine tune their designs. But since the almighty Apple Gods don't, many of us seem to take out our anger on the smaller companies that are trying to manufacture cases and screen protectors quick enough that meet our ever demanding perfectionistic expectations.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Anyone have a Capsule in the gray or black (with perforation on back) that they don't want anymore? I might be interested in buying it.

It sounds like Spigen got hit a lot harder with demand for the 6 cases and couldn't handle it, but I think it's a bit ridiculous how quickly people hop on the #______gate these days. There are a lot of companies that experience shipping delays due to manufacturing issues or simply more demand than they can produce quickly for. I could understand if Apple released their design to 3rd party case manufacturers in advance so they have time to fine tune their designs. But since the almighty Apple Gods don't, many of us seem to take out our anger on the smaller companies that are trying to manufacture cases and screen protectors quick enough that meet our ever demanding perfectionistic expectations.

Spigen has been pulled by Amazon because their delays. You can buy it through secondary vendors, but no longer directly from Spigen on Amazon. They got nailed for not shipping within 30 days as required by Amazon. People complained, and when the complaints crossed a certain percent set by Amazon, they got booted off Amazon.

carreragt7

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
I get the Amazon issue. My point was Spigen is not a huge company, yet everyone has huge expectations from them, and most companies.

I can understand that Spigen will get backlogged on orders after the launch of two brand new iPhones. Scaling their manufacturing to meet demand might not be possible due to their manufacturing plant design and/or staffing.

I know that many local retailers have some Spigen cases in stock, but I can't seem to find the Capsule locally. Mybullfrog Verizon stores have Spigen in stock, but they don't seem to carry the Capsule.

Hopefully this experience helps Spigen finetune their manufacturing process and improve on their shipping times.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I would much rather a company get it right rather than the mess that Spigan put its customers through with this launch. I get the craziness that can come with a new launch but to take customer money 7 weeks before shipment is just not right. I can't see myself ordering from them again. I think their products are okay but just average.

MistrSynistr

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I just received the spigen neo hybrid metal white and it fits like a glove and works perfectly...they must of redesigned the newer batch.

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
I wrote to Spigen through Amazon about the fitting issue of their first batch of crystal protectors. Not even a reply. No more spigen for me.
I used to buy only spigen screen protectors. Then from about 2 years ago I find that their screen protectors pick up scratches as easy as the $2 ones on eBay. Thought I'd give them one more chance on the iPhone 6, but their customer service is just non-existent.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
sorry to drag up this old thread, but has Spigen's shipping times improved over the last few months? I ordered a case thru eBay (against my better judgement) and received the 'phantom tracking number'. Just wondering if I should just expect it to be 2-3 weeks?

The case is gorgeous. I like their products/designs. Just wish they could be clearer on actual shipping times.

Spigen® iPhone 6 Case, [Premium Slim Case] Thin Fit SERIES for iPhone 6 (4.7)

i6_tf01.jpg

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
Not really sure what's going on with buying directly on Spigen but got my case fast and on time via Amazon.

A long time high volume Spigen customer that uses the Slim Armor or Neo Highbrid cases on the six Smartphones and four Tablets I own, I buy exclusively from Amazon, get the cases fast and always discounted even from day one.

I save thousands each year via Amazon Prime.

----------

I would much rather a company get it right rather than the mess that Spigan put its customers through with this launch. I get the craziness that can come with a new launch but to take customer money 7 weeks before shipment is just not right. I can't see myself ordering from them again. I think their products are okay but just average.

I find Spigen quality and fit, precise and of the highest quality. Especially compared to cases I've paid 3x more for.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
I think they're now back to normal. I sent a follow-up email to one that I sent two months ago asking for an update and they responded within a day. I have a neo hybrid for my 6 and after removing the plastic outer band only four times, it snapped at the thin weak point that surrounds the mute switch. They asked me to send a picture and then quickly responded that they would send me a replacement outer band. In just a couple of days I received a whole new case - and one of the new ones that are fixed and don't require the stickers to make the buttons work. You should be fine.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I've dealt with Spigen buying a number of cases when getting new phones. For me their cases have never been my favorite or "go to" cases. This time around with my 6+ I orders a couple of cases and screen protectors - what a disaster. I tried canceling my orders after over a month of waiting with so many emails I lost count. Then 6 weeks after purchasing great cases from other suppliers, I received the cases and screen protectors that I didn't want. I returned them all to Spigen and again sent many mails but had to file claims through PayPal to get my money returned. I totally get that they were overwhelmed with all their orders but they could have done like others - not took orders until they had products. I'm totally against companies that immediately charge your credit card and don't ship for weeks or months. I will never buy from Spigen again. The hassle and frustration is just not worth it.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
I received my case today. Ordered Jan 1. Delivered Jan 3. Spigen seems to have gotten it together! Love the case.

iPhone 6 Space Grey 64GB Verizon.

Attachments

• IMG_1006.JPG
    IMG_1006.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1009.JPG
    IMG_1009.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.