Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bchagey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Can I run splashtop streamer on a Mac Mini with no monitor, and stream it to my iPad 2?

sunshinee81

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2012
The setup used in the video is with VNC. It's definitely not an ideal setup if you want to watch movies, play games, etc. There is delay when you use VNC. It's neat and novel to be able to connect to your iPad but you will notice a delay.

I think he's a bit out to lunch when he says that the age of laptops is boring and coming to an end. Tablets are the new kids on the block and I can see why he made that comment. But I don't think they will ever be replaced by a tablet. I'm pretty sure he'll realize the flaws with the VNC viewer to MAC MINI after getting rid of his MBP.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
The setup used in the video is with VNC. It's definitely not an ideal setup if you want to watch movies, play games, etc. There is delay when you use VNC. It's neat and novel to be able to connect to your iPad but you will notice a delay.

I think he's a bit out to lunch when he says that the age of laptops is boring and coming to an end. Tablets are the new kids on the block and I can see why he made that comment. But I don't think they will ever be replaced by a tablet. I'm pretty sure he'll realize the flaws with the VNC viewer to MAC MINI after getting rid of his MBP.

I agree. Laptops will never be replaced by tablets. In fact, I would go as far as to say that tablets are a fad. And, yes, I own an iPad 2. Just because we have the technology to allow us to physically touch a computer screen in order to control it does not mean it is better. It just gives you a different avenue of control, but does not replace existing methods (mouse, scroll pad, physical keyboard, etc.).

In fact, call me lazy, but I don't even enjoy having to move my hands around the surface of a screen. I just want position the base of my palms on the surface of a computer (on either side of the trackpad), lay back, and just have to do small finger movements to control my computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.