Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrownMySorrow.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
Well, I got the new 2.0 GHZ, NVIDIA 9400M graphics, Alu Macbook for Christmas, and I was just wondering if Spore would work on it? I was thinking about buying it for myself, and I don't want to buy it only to find that it won't work.

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
the only problem is I read you get bored after the first day.
Anyway, it runs on older macbooks as well, it definitely does on the new ones.

mosx

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2007
GTA4 runs great for me, so I don't see why Spore wouldn't run.

But the poster above is right, Spore gets old fast. It's incredibly boring.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
GTA4 runs great for me, so I don't see why Spore wouldn't run.

But the poster above is right, Spore gets old fast. It's incredibly boring.

GTA4 runs great? it runs, and its playable, but its not great. With 30 fps at all low settings, its kinda crap... but on a 13" notebook with integrated video, its not horrible.

mosx

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2007
GTA4 runs great? it runs, and its playable, but its not great. With 30 fps at all low settings, its kinda crap... but on a 13" notebook with integrated video, its not horrible.

:rolleyes:

All things considered it runs great. As good as the 9400M is, its still woefully underpowered compared to the dedicated solutions out there that Apple could have (and should have) used.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
:rolleyes:

All things considered it runs great. As good as the 9400M is, its still woefully underpowered compared to the dedicated solutions out there that Apple could have (and should have) used.

GTA4 played just as well on my Aluminum MacBook as my old MacBook Pro w/ 8600GT vid card. The game is extremely buggy, still waiting for Rockstar to come out with more patches and fixes.

timestoby

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2007
north devon,uk

id say thats great, for it to run at 30fps on intergrated card lol.i new i shouldnt have been cheap and opted for the alum with better intergrated gpu,but it was my first mac and got the whitebook lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.