Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
ok, so use shapeshifter, the app that changes the theme of OS X but i'm kinda tired of it, so i changed back to the default OS X tiger theme and now spotlight windows and mail aren't smooth anymore at the top of the windows.

any ideas how to fix this. i never shoulda messed with a good thing

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 107

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
biohazard_6969 said:
ok, so use shapeshifter, the app that changes the theme of OS X but i'm kinda tired of it, so i changed back to the default OS X tiger theme and now spotlight windows and mail aren't smooth anymore at the top of the windows.

any ideas how to fix this. i never shoulda messed with a good thing

that makes sense. shapeshifter didn't save the old stuff.. it just switched the window style back to the default for most windows.. in which case it was set to that style instead of the other one. you'd likely have to open the NIB file up and then change it yourself in Interface Builder. :p have fun.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
ok wow harder than i thought...r there any guides out there to tell me how to do this/use interface builder, i dunno wat to do and i hate the windows like this

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
ok, if i do that, where do i find the archive? like if i do the archive and install i think that the archive is all my stuff right? but where is it stored.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
I believe it will create a folder called 'previous system folders' or something. Can't remember, but very easy to find.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
ok so if i open interface builder, the first window that comes up is something that says starting point. what should i choose from this menu. and after this were is this "unified" checkbox. i'd rather not do an archive unless i really need to

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
anyone, i don't like things like this, i need the "mac-esque" look BACK. i HATE shapeshifter for doing this and i'd rather NOT archive and install, i don't want to risk anything, and if its all put in a folder, then it will be a living hell organizing everything again :mad:

nightdweller25

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2005
You really don't have much of an idea of what an archive and install is do you? What it does is, it gets all your apps, files, settings, basically everything except the OS files, and wipes out the OS, installs that new one, and puts everything back, so when you turn it on, it is EXACTLY the same as it used to be, except now there is a new folder in your hard drive called Previous Systems, once you are sure everything is in place, just trash the folder.

nightdweller25

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2005
Hmmm, let me explain this again, once you do an archive and install, it will be the same as before you did it, everything will be where you left it, same desktop background, same dock, same files and in the same places, everything! Except the OS will be normal.

smitty078

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2004
in defense of shapeshifter, it absolutely could not have been shapeshifter. Shapeshifter does NOT modify any files - system or otherwise. Once shapeshifter is uninstalled, everything will be back to exactly the way the system was before shapeshifter. For this to happen you must have used another interface utility (there are several that do this by modifying the files, unlike what shapeshifter does however i can't think of any at the moment).

UPDATE:
This app is specifically designed to change the mail interface to the way it is on your system now by modifying system files. It can also change it back to the way it used to be (the tiger interface). I suggest you try this app to re-enable the tiger look (again, this is the opposite of what it was designed to do but it still does the task equally well either way).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.