Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seanf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
UK
I've read conflicting reports regarding specifying startup options (e.g. holding the command key whilst booting) using the Apple bluetooth keyboard. This does not work for me and I always have to use a USB keyboard, but I have seen people say it does work with 10.4.something onwards.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible? I have a Mac Pro if that makes any difference.

Sean :)

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
Does your Mac Pro have built-in Bluetooth? If so, an Apple Wireless Keyboard should work when booting the system, however I have yet to actually try this myself. A USB bluetooth adapter won't work as it isn't initialised until much later in the boot process.

seanf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
UK
NATO said:
Does your Mac Pro have built-in Bluetooth? If so, an Apple Wireless Keyboard should work ...
It does, but the Apple Wireless keyboard doesn't work until I'm well past the boot options stage.

Sean :)

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
With my iMac G5 i could do all the boot options. One annoying point was i could get it into single user mode but then couldnt do anything when i was there.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
xUKHCx said:
With my iMac G5 i could do all the boot options. One annoying point was i could get it into single user mode but then couldnt do anything when i was there.

Doesnt Sinle User mode block certain drivers? That might be why!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.