Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Check out this prank initiated in a library with a Powerbook and the startup chime. I found it funny.

stoid

macrumors 601
BAH!! I swear though, my campus is primarily Windows, and the most irritating noise is that retarded Windows log-in hymn.

When I lived on campus inevitably, several times a week, someone would have left their computer plugged into their enormous speakers on full blast from playing music, and at 2 in the morning, they'd log in and wake several floors of students!

Bern

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
stoid said:
BAH!! I swear though, my campus is primarily Windows, and the most irritating noise is that retarded Windows log-in hymn.

When I lived on campus inevitably, several times a week, someone would have left their computer plugged into their enormous speakers on full blast from playing music, and at 2 in the morning, they'd log in and wake several floors of students!

Given what you've said perhaps the guy with the Powerbook wasn't doing a prank but exacting revenge? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.