Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hesdeadjim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Washington, DC
I'm surprised no one is mentioned this, but SJ was interviewed for 60 Minutes II last night on a segment about Finding Nemo and Pixar. Although he didn't talk about Apple or Macs, he had some interesting comments about Pixar. For instance, that he bought it for 10 million and its now worth in the billions, that disney and pixar split the profits 50-50, and that Pixar is trying to get a new deal from another production company. Also, a good deal of macs could be seen in the background here and there, especially when they interviewed the editors.

Also, some of the music ads are back up on Apple.com. Here is the link: Apple Music Ads. They took away my favorite one ;) but some are back at least.

edit: spelling

madforrit

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
Berkeley, CA
Yeah I saw that segment on Pixar and SJ. Very interesting...I wish Apple and Pixar were more intimately connected. Then maybe through Pixar's work people would see the light! But in actuality, I've heard most of the production at Pixar isn't even done on Macs.
Haha, this reminds me...one time I was over on the highway by Pixar in heavy traffic. A Lexus SUV (gold) drove by with 'Pixar1' on the plates. I wonder who it was...:D

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
Are the ads a little different? On the commercial now its "Everyone has a favorite song... Download yours for just $.99... A whole new way to buy music...AppleMusic.com". Were they always like this?

hesdeadjim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Washington, DC
Originally posted by MacFan25
Are the ads a little different? On the commercial now its "Everyone has a favorite song... Download yours for just $.99... A whole new way to buy music...AppleMusic.com". Were they always like this?

I really don't remember, but I'll watch them and look out for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.