Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WindFreak

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2006
He's not an analyst per se, but he does often write for thestreet.com. The interesting thing is that his main job is running short funds, so he might have a vested interest in spreading news that will be viewed as negative by investors. But he doesn't list any such possible conflicts of interest as thestreet.com contributors are required to do.

Other than that, I don't know anything about him.

Ah glad someone else understand who thestreet.com is

They are a short funds "news" organization that puts out false news to drive stocks down. They esentialy manipulate the market and get away with it. Doing this so close to mac world you can assume that they were actually in a long position most likely in options. If you look back and see some high volume in options positions around this date you can be rest assured that is them.

He who holds the gold makes the rules. - They hold the gold and release news to make them millions.

Well, no matter what, it does give one pause to consider that Apple might have serious problems continuing to function if Steve Jobs were to leave. Not that I give any credance to this specific story, but the fact that if Steve left, Apple could fall apart management-wise, does concern me.

Zadillo

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2005
Baltimore, MD
Well, no matter what, it does give one pause to consider that Apple might have serious problems continuing to function if Steve Jobs were to leave. Not that I give any credance to this specific story, but the fact that if Steve left, Apple could fall apart management-wise, does concern me.

If Apple is on such shaky ground that it would fall apart if Jobs weren't there, he hasn't been a very good leader for the company then.

Part of being a leader is putting people in place who will be able to keep things going when you're gone; imagine if Microsoft were in that position, and was going to fall apart with Bill Gates leaving.

Of course, it's unique because Jobs is a very unique CEO, and is seen as much more of a driving force for how Apple works. But if he is a good CEO, he will make sure that the people are in place so that when he does step down (and it's not like he's going to be there forever), they will be able to keep Apple running and innovating and developing great products.

wizzerandchips

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2006
I think this thread has run its course now, lock it off admin, lets concentrate on optimism and not pessimism. Apple is a group of very dedicated designers and techy's. Its not all SJ.

zblaxberg

Jan 22, 2007
This rumor has been goin on forever...i think its dead

Jobs aint leaving...he's gotta take over the computer world first...besides gates would see it as a sign of weakness

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.