Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
Yes, it does look like the person on the left is wearing a dress, with dress socks and shoes. More evidence it's NOT Steve Jobs.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw that picture. And who is the guy standing next to him/her? He doesn't look very professional. If Steve Jobs is that sick, you'd think his care giver would be top shelf.

PHILIP1193

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2007
WTF Steve Jobs - Emaciated Photo :(

Check it out,

http://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/samfund/article1612285.ece

My danish friend loosely translated this to me as the following: "the photo of steve jobs came on friday (today) and deathly and emaciated Steve Jobs, is pictured and now you can all see why he has been on sick leave.

It goes on to say... "There has been many rumours if the photo is real or not and a press bureau has confirmed the photo is indeed real"

/ Discuss

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
It is real people. Otherwise there wouldn't be people helping him out if he wasn't in such bad shape. I don't care how good you are with Photoshop, you can't shop that good.. That's his son in those pics too btw.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
It is real people. Otherwise there wouldn't be people helping him out if he wasn't in such bad shape. I don't care how good you are with Photoshop, you can't shop that good.. That's his son in those pics too btw.

ImageImage

As real as they may be Steve deserves some dignity and privacy. I sure would want that if I were in his condition.

I know the man is very sick and I accept it. However advertising it in order to get ad money is sicker that Steve is.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Why the hell have we got a thread showing how bad Steve looks? Doesn't the guy deserve a bit of privacy maybe. Speculating over his illness is just sick. Cut it out. I hope this thread gets wastelanded.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Why the hell have we got a thread showing how bad Steve looks? Doesn't the guy deserve a bit of privacy maybe. Speculating over his illness is just sick. Cut it out. I hope this thread gets wastelanded.

Inquiring minds want to know.

But wasteland would be fitting....don't you think ;)

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
I stand by the photo being photoshopped ... I made this to point out what really stands out to me

The leg areas look perfectly real in the light source they are in. If there wasn't the high light diffuse around the legs I would call it a shoop. The hand just kills it though.

----------

I'm going to post one of the most influential photos I've ever seen in my life to do my part to bring sanity back to this madhouse.

That's surprisingly serene.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
So sad to see, but he will leave behind one of the greatest legacies and comeback stories in business ever. Praying for the best! :apple:

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009

Inquiring minds want to know.

But wasteland would be fitting....don't you think ;)

As the thread stater why would they "wasteland" it. It's a topical story and photo.

Bernard SG

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
Wirelessly posted (IPod Touch 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

And I want you all to give a hand to someone that you know whose health is very bad at this time. … His company took the challenge in making its technology accessible to everyone. In the spirit of caring and moving the world forward: Steve Jobs. Because there’s nothing on the iPhone or the iPad that you can do that I can’t do.
— Stevie Wonder, at a recent performance, thanks Steve Jobs for Apple’s work in making technology accessible to people with disabilities.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Wirelessly posted (IPod Touch 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

And I want you all to give a hand to someone that you know whose health is very bad at this time. … His company took the challenge in making its technology accessible to everyone. In the spirit of caring and moving the world forward: Steve Jobs. Because there’s nothing on the iPhone or the iPad that you can do that I can’t do.
— Stevie Wonder, at a recent performance, thanks Steve Jobs for Apple’s work in making technology accessible to people with disabilities.

The fact that Apple devices are making the world accessible to those with disabilities is laudable. It is, indeed, a wonderful design quality of Apple (and, it should be noted. other) electronics.

However, before we deify Jobs, let's remember that Apple exists to make money for it's investors. It is good business, and good PR, to sell products accessible to all consumers. Jobs is not a saint, but a brilliant guy who oversees (oversaw) the making of elegant and useful products to SELL TO CONSUMERS.

This in no way diminishes the fact that the design of those products makes them accessible to everyone. I'm only suggesting that we choose our heroes carefully. Deification is not necessary for respect. and respect does not diminish the existence of the mundane reality of commerce.

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
I can't believe some of you still claim this is all fake. I guess everything is Photoshoped on the internet. Mr.Jobs has been on medical leave since January and resigned as CEO so that tells you something. I really hope he recovers and manages to live a good life.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Anyone who believes this is naive. It's not that it not real, it's just that it 'probably' isn't.

You see ,some people do bad things. I know it's hard to believe, but there are people who do not always tell the truth.

When you grow up, you may run into them. If you do, just don't give them personal information or sign anything.

May God protect you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.