Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgingrich

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Hey guys,

I'm working on making up stickers for myself (I'm a solo singer/songwriter). I've got a great design and idea, but can't seem to get any further in photoshop as my skills are limited.

If anyone would be willing to take some time to help me out, it would be awesome. I've attached the .psd file, see what you can do.

The basic gist of it is, i took a black sticker template, then I took an image of a guitar to get the basic outline of what I wanted, using the eraser to achieve this. You will see the basic outline, but it looks bumpy because of the eraser, I was wondering how to make the lines solid like it was simply drawn in.

Note: I like if the outline were different thicknesses at spots, you can get this from what I've already done.

If anyone is bored and wants to tackle this, it would be outstanding, thanks again.

email me: cgingrich@gmail.com
Note: I will give credit to designer on actual sticker

Attachments

• guitarsticker.psd
    203.5 KB · Views: 177

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
What you need to do is to use the Pen Tool to outline the guitar. Than Command + Click on that path in the Layers pallet, then go to Select>Modify>Contract the selection by about 15 px, then Feather it about 5px, and use that as a mask to cover the inner part of the guitar.
Here is the sample on how this would look like.

Attachments

• guitarsticker.jpg
    guitarsticker.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 133
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.