Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
These bags look really awesome and are priced well too. I'm really impressed by this Australian company. I'm looking at the "Sports" version for my soon-to-be ordered 15" PB. I plan on using it to haul my PB 24/7, carry my books, iPod, maybe some karate/gym stuff, water bottle. This bag looks like a perfect fit.

BUT It would be great if someone could answer a few questions I have about these STM bags...

1. The material is waterproof, that is cool. If it rains will my laptop be okay though? Will I have to run for shelter?

2. Is there adequate padding? I'm a college student so just walking around campus, mostly. But my PB is a huge investment for me and I want it to be 100% safe...

3. Is the STM "Glove" a good idea? Is that too much padding? A good idea for extra protection in the bag?

Anything else about this brand/bag would be appreciated... cool, thanks.

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Anybody? It'd be great if I didn't have to go drive and find their retail place...

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
1.) Mine's not waterproof (no fabric really is anyway...), but they seem to have changed some things in the design since I bought mine (almost a year ago :eek: ) so that might have changed.

2.) There is plenty of padding. The laptop is held off the bottom of the bag, which is padded itself, to provide some room just in case.

3.) The Glove is completely unnecessary when using the backpack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.