Stop Image Capture from Opening

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by tjb1, Jul 31, 2011.

1. macrumors 68000

Every time I plug in my iPhone, image capture opens...is there any way to stop this?

2. macrumors regular

Hi

Bottom left corner of the application, when I connect my iPhone it offers the option of opening applications automatically. Switch it to "no application"

Francois

3. macrumors newbie

Thank you, seems so obvious now you say it, was doing my head in :D

4. macrumors newbie

Oh Apple...

Stupid Apple! How was anyone supposed to notice that?
    Thanks Francois, this issue was annoying me :)

5. macrumors regular

Apple's engineers make the most stupid UI!

6. macrumors 6502a

There I fixed it for you.

7. macrumors regular

What give you the right to change my opinion? I have the right to say what I think, likewise I would not change what you write. It's only a common manner. So typical Apple fanboy, no one can criticize Apple, right? I like Apple's computer,
    I use Macs exclusively at work and at home. But when it comes to Apple's software, I just hate them, OK? And please DON'T "fix" my opinion this time.

8. macrumors newbie

Lighten up, Francis. It was a joke aimed at :apple:, not at your precious opinion.

9. macrumors 68000

pubwvj

Unfortunately this fix doesn't work with some devices like older iPodTouches and digital cameras like the Casio I have. Image Capture launches but then shows Zero (0) devices listed and no button to click. Works fine with newer iPodTouches but not with older ones. So I'm still looking for a solution to stop Image Capture from launching.

10. macrumors newbie

Image Capture opening randomly

I recently installed Yosemite from Lion. IC opens for no apparent reason w/no devices listed, so I'm not getting preference options either. Any help?

11. macrumors newbie

I had the same issue. I fixed it by plugging in my device (then Image Capture opens with zero devices) then I unplugged and replugged my device and Image Capture recognized it so I could proceed to click the bottom left menu and set it to no application.