Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
How can I stop the screen from dimming on my 15" Al PB?

After about a minute it seems that it turns the screen down in brightness to about half what i had it set at. I tried the energy saver, and monitor preferences to no avail. Any suggestions?

And while we're on the topic...it seems that when i'm navigating in column view in the finder, using the keyboard, i can only switch to the next column or select a folder by pressing the right arrow key. WHY?! why can't i use the command+O command??

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
The monitor problem should be a simple sliding bar in Energy Saver. On my TiBook I open Energy Saver, then click Show Details. There should be a box labelled "Use separate time to put the display to sleep" and a bar that lets you set it anywhere from 1 min. to never.

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
Originally posted by beefcake
The monitor problem should be a simple sliding bar in Energy Saver. On my TiBook I open Energy Saver, then click Show Details. There should be a box labelled "Use separate time to put the display to sleep" and a bar that lets you set it anywhere from 1 min. to never.
That's precisely right. The slider lets you decide when the screen shuts off entirely, but it will dim slightly before that.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by LimeLite
That's precisely right. The slider lets you decide when the screen shuts off entirely, but it will dim slightly before that.

I know that i can set it to turn off, but i didnt know that this dimming was related.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.