Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Ever since I updated to 10.3.2, I've noticed from time to time when I am using iChat, the text will suddenly go blank in the IM box and I am unable to see what is being said. It only happens every so often but I am not sure what could be causing it. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
If you're using balloons, check to see if it happens after you transfer something and you backspace to correct text maybe.

I've had that happen several times now and later, the text goes blurry and I have to shut down iChat and re-launch it.

Edot

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2002
NJ
Weird

Are you running any hacks that may affect the graphics system? That is very strange.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
No, the only modifications I've ever done to the system are custom icons and stuff like that, but I don't go for skinning and themes like some do since they generally look tacky and almost always cause problems. I am almost certain it is a 10.3.2 problem because this has never happened until last night. I am sorry I can't provide much detail on what I do before it happens because it seems to be a random occurrence. I'll be chatting with someone like normal and then my buddy will type something and as soon as it pops up, the whole chat window turns a blank white and I have to close it and wait for my buddy to IM something else so I can continue the conversation and see what is being said.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
One thing I've found is that I can select the text and it shows up, so you might try that when it happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.