Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Scooterdman describes how to stream Google Videos straight to your iPhone.

dload.png

For example, in the MacRumors Interview video, you simply choose Video iPod/PSP from the Download popup, and the download will start and automatically launch in Apple's Video viewer on the iPhone.

eyeluvmyimac

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2002
Does this save them anywhere on the phone? Even cache? Which brings up another two questions. Does the safari on iphone have a cache? And where do files go if they download (how does one access them later)?

bmb012

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2006
Hm, I thought that someone said that the iPhone couldn't play media from the internet. Is it only streaming media that it can't play?

And of course the iPhone needs some sort of cache for Safari, I doubt that it's RAM is large enough to fit a websites full of photos AND whatever else it needs to run. I suppose the question is, when does it empty this cache...

Yankees 4 Life

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
College Station, Tx
Hm, I thought that someone said that the iPhone couldn't play media from the internet. Is it only streaming media that it can't play?

And of course the iPhone needs some sort of cache for Safari, I doubt that it's RAM is large enough to fit a websites full of photos AND whatever else it needs to run. I suppose the question is, when does it empty this cache...

um you empty the cache yourself, so its not that hard to do, but i would love to see flash....

brandon6684

Dec 30, 2002
This is interesting, I wonder if Google will spread this to YouTube someday, since they are already reencoding videos as h.264 for the AppleTV.

davrizio

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
Very cool! Good find. What suprised me is you can view in landscape and portrait...

Also I noticed that if you click on a YouTube link it opens in the YouTube app...which I thought was nice...

JEEPER

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
hey guys im lost where do you see the download link....can someone explain a little better....
thanks

JEEPER

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
for some reason all i have comming up is email this video no download link????
hmmmm
im not that retarded.....:eek:

JEEPER

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
well im on my phone and at work on the net.....i dont see it at all....even if i click on a video the phone tells me the video cant load.....

JEEPER

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
well after hitting numerous videos i finally noticed the dowload link....awesome.....
thanks fellas

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.