Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oRBIT2002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Gothenburg/Sweden
I finally found a qualitysetting in iOS10b3 for streaming iTunes videos on cellular networks! However, I can't get movies to play at all over 3G. It just complains that I can't play that content unless I'm on wifi. I've switched all settings I can find to be able to play videos on cellular but still no result.
Anyone knows better how to get this running?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I finally found a qualitysetting in iOS10b3 for streaming iTunes videos on cellular networks! However, I can't get movies to play at all over 3G. It just complains that I can't play that content unless I'm on wifi. I've switched all settings I can find to be able to play videos on cellular but still no result.
Anyone knows better how to get this running?
Use your other devices capable to set up PErsonal hotspot and use iPhone to connect to that PH? But I hope you have unlimited tethering data.

oRBIT2002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Gothenburg/Sweden
I want to be able to stream movies even if I am not on wifi. iOS10 has introduced a new "lower quality" option for use on cellular networks that perhaps would save my wallet. :) I'm just hoping it doesn't start to buffer the entire movie as it does on wifi..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.