Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradholland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2015
OK, So i bought a new UAD Apollo audio device, it has only one thunderbolt port on it, no passthrough.

If I can help it, I really dont want to purchase an apple thunderbolt display, because I'd like a 4k display (on the cheap)

My 2012 mac mini has only 1 Thunderbolt port,

I'm seeing a few 4k monitors that have displayport passthrough, to daisychain screens, I'm wondering if I can attach said screen via the mac mdp and then use a displayport to mdp cable to attach my thunderbolt device (i'm doubting it)

g4cube

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2003
OK, So i bought a new UAD Apollo audio device, it has only one thunderbolt port on it, no passthrough.

If I can help it, I really dont want to purchase an apple thunderbolt display, because I'd like a 4k display (on the cheap)

My 2012 mac mini has only 1 Thunderbolt port,

I'm seeing a few 4k monitors that have displayport passthrough, to daisychain screens, I'm wondering if I can attach said screen via the mac mdp and then use a displayport to mdp cable to attach my thunderbolt device (i'm doubting it)

In a word, NO.

Cannot convert from my back to Thunderbolt.

You need a new computer with dual Thunderbolt ports, or a Thunderbolt display. On the latter, not recommended unless you get a great deal on the Apple TB Display, or get the very nice LG display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.