Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechZone

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Hi, I am a college student & wanna buy a 20g or 30gb ipod photo.
Can I buy an ipod using student discount? How much I can save with this?
What do you think about refurbished ipods? I saw some good deals. Do you think it will be a good idea to buy one?

Please help me. Thanks in advance. :)

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
For sure! Here's a link to the educational Apple Store; just choose your school and you're in. On each of those iPods, you're eligible for a $30 discount. I don't see any problem with buying a refurb iPod but maybe other board members have different feelings...

za9ra22

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2003
Reburb iPods - no problem. I bought one last year and it arrived in as near perfect/as new condition as you could want (except for the packaging, which is ordinary generic stuff rather than the neat packaging new ones come in). It has also worked flawlessly since.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
TechZone said:
Hi, I am a college student & wanna buy a 20g or 30gb ipod photo.
Can I buy an ipod using student discount? How much I can save with this?
What do you think about refurbished ipods? I saw some good deals. Do you think it will be a good idea to buy one?

Please help me. Thanks in advance. :)

I just ordered one of the discontinued (not refurbished but new) 40 GB iPod Photos from the Apple site: $499 original prices, -$120 sale, -$30 educational discount, -$30 promotion coupon, +$26 tax, free shipping = $345. A saving of almost $200. It comes with a firewire cable, dock and carrying case (no idea what the case is like).

That works out to be the same price as a new 30GB iPod Photo, which is minus firewire cable, dock and case.

By the way, there is no 20GB iPod Photo, the choice is 30GB or 60GB.

Expected shipping date is 3/9 (9/3 to the Yurpeens).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.