Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JirkaCink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2022
Czech
Hello,

I would need advice. I have been using my Studio Display for a year without any issues; the display quality is fine. However, in dark scenes where dark gray to black predominates, I see a bright shadow in the bottom left and right corners. According to my research, this phenomenon is common with these types of displays, but it seems to me that it is too prominent in the bottom left corner of my display. Do you think it could be a defect? The display is still under warranty, so I would appreciate advice on whether this is normal or if I should file a warranty claim!

Thank you in advance for your response🙂.

Thanks,
Jirka

Attachments

• Display.png
    Display.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 187

TzunamiOSX

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2009
Germany
Hello,

I would need advice. I have been using my Studio Display for a year without any issues; the display quality is fine. However, in dark scenes where dark gray to black predominates, I see a bright shadow in the bottom left and right corners. According to my research, this phenomenon is common with these types of displays, but it seems to me that it is too prominent in the bottom left corner of my display. Do you think it could be a defect? The display is still under warranty, so I would appreciate advice on whether this is normal or if I should file a warranty claim!

Thank you in advance for your response🙂.

Thanks,
Jirka
IPS Panel? This is normal for this type of displays.

This is an EIZO CG2700S for example
IMG_2380.jpeg

This is a BenQ SW271C
IMG_2381.jpeg

Last edited:

ondioline

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2020
Yes I had the same issue and they replaced the panel. Just take a picture of the backlight bleed in a dark room and make a support ticket.

Reactions: JirkaCink

JirkaCink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2022
Czech
Yes I had the same issue and they replaced the panel. Just take a picture of the backlight bleed in a dark room and make a support ticket.
Thank you for the feedback. I will contact my Apple premium reseller and request a warranty claim for the replacement of the display panel.

Reactions: picpicmac

jabbr

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2012
This is a total lottery. My 1st ASD had a lot of bleed in one corner, but my 2nd has very little anywhere.

jabbr

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2012
iMac 27 (2020) on the left, ASD on the right. Isn't it too much bleed
I suppose it depends on your personal tolerance and if you view a lot of cropped video or dark content. I would find that excessive given the cost of the ASD.

Here is mine at 50% brightness in a pretty dark environment, window curtains mostly closed.
DSCF3157 2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: picpicmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.