Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
Thanks!

Everything went awesome! :) 18 years of schooling and I am finaly finished. Wow, I still can't believe it. :D :D :D

So how good does it feel to finally know you're done? I'm less than 24 hours from my final final in my Master's Degree. Started on it in Fall of 2003. Now I'm 4 years older (Started before my B-day in 2003, ending after it in 2006), have a 2 year old and another on the way. I'm definitely looking forward to the stress relief of one less demand on my time (which will change in May with a new baby).

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
So how good does it feel to finally know you're done? I'm less than 24 hours from my final final in my Master's Degree. Started on it in Fall of 2003. Now I'm 4 years older (Started before my B-day in 2003, ending after it in 2006), have a 2 year old and another on the way. I'm definitely looking forward to the stress relief of one less demand on my time (which will change in May with a new baby).

It feels so good! It's kinda hard to grasp, very relieving and a little scary. My whole life has always been school and now thats done, completely done. Here comes the real world.

Sounds like you've already got enough real responiblity. ;) One and a half little babies, congradulations. What are you majoring in?

Good luck with your final and lets us know how it went.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
It feels so good! It's kinda hard to grasp, very relieving and a little scary. My whole life has always been school and now thats done, completely done. Here comes the real world.

Sounds like you've already got enough real responiblity. ;) One and a half little babies, congradulations. What are you majoring in?

Good luck with your final and lets us know how it went.

My major is Electrical Engineering. I should have started my masters in 2000, or 2001, closer to my undergrad degree but, silly me, I liked less responsibility. The wife made me start since she knew she'd want the kids in not too long a time and if I waited too long it would only be more difficult with more kids. So for the last 3+ years I've been juggling school, family, and my full time job. It will be nice to get it back to only juggling 2 things and not have to do homework/studying when the kids go to sleep. Might even get to talk to my wife once in awhile.

Trust me, the world will know how it went. I can almost feel the stress that will be gone as of 1:45 p.m. CST tomorrow and it will feel good. Probably better than my undergrad ending since I already have a good job, place to live, wife, kids, 3 cars, there's nothing I really need to hunt for, I just get to sit back and relax.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
Well it's done. The final was OK, not too easy, not too difficult (either that or I had no clue, but I'm inclined to believe I did OK).

The weight has been lifted.

It's still sinking in a bit but I'm sure tonight will sleep really well and as the freedom sinks in things will only get better.

I can't wait to hold the degree, too bad it's going to be about 6 weeks.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
wow. apparently your cat is a lot like mine in the fact that he enjoys sitting in the worst place possible when I'm sudying. I may have to buy a keyboard cover for when he's in the room with my MBP.

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
Sounds great. Congratulations :D :D

Yeah it take a little while to sink in, but it will. :D

I hate it when they takes so long to get the results. My last exam was oral/practical, so I knew how I did right away. But I have had plenty that were like yours, so I feel your pain.

Enjoy your free time with your kid and wife!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.