Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

succor4u

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
San Francisco, CA
And... Joss Whedon.

I THINK there's a way to insert these things called

applescripts

to produce SIGNATURE LINES in all of my emals.

I want, (which I think these applescripts are for) Shakespearean insults, a different one, to go out with each email I send. I think that's what the applescript I downloaded will do.

I want, (which I think these applescripts are for) A different quote from the following Joss Whedon television series: BUFFY, ANGEL and FIREFLY, to go out with each email I send. I think that's what the applescripts I downloaded are supposed to do.

But, for the life of me, I can't find, on the Apple site, nor by typing in "how do I use applescripts" on Google, a straight answer to this question...

How the heck do I use applescripts?

Treat me like I'm an idiot, here.

Step by step, tell me how to use these two applescripts in the way I've described, because they would both be cool.

Why doesn't someone just demonstrate, effectively, how us end-users can take advantage of these extraordinary programs?

:D

succor4u

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
San Francisco, CA
thanks, but...

That tells me how to PROGRAM the things. I just want to use them.

For instance, the tutorial says programs like MAIL will be able to use them. Says somewhere near the help bar will lie a little scroll icon which will allow me to use scripts. No scroll icon exists in my version of MAIL.

On the Shakespeare script I have the "read me" says Select "edit->insert script" but there is no such option in the "edit" menu. So, someone is trying to keep normal people from using them, or the powers-that-be are not paying attention.

I suspect it's both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.