Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

super chimp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
UK
This has only started happening in the last two or three weeks. At first it happened when my phone reached about 17-18% on the battery, but now it's the mid twenties. The phone will suddenly just turn itself saying it has run out of power. Yet when you plug it into the power it comes back on still saying there is about 15% left.

It's running iOS 9.1 & not using battery saving.

Is this a hardware or software fault?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
This has only started happening in the last two or three weeks. At first it happened when my phone reached about 17-18% on the battery, but now it's the mid twenties. The phone will suddenly just turn itself saying it has run out of power. Yet when you plug it into the power it comes back on still saying there is about 15% left.

It's running iOS 9.1 & not using battery saving.

Is this a hardware or software fault?

It might be a failing battery. Take it to Apple and let them check it out. If your iPhone 6 is still under warranty, Apple will replace the battery if it's bad. If your phone is out of warranty, Apple will replace the battery for a nominal fee. That fee in the US is $70.00.

super chimp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
UK
It might be a failing battery. Take it to Apple and let them check it out. If your iPhone 6 is still under warranty, Apple will replace the battery if it's bad. If your phone is out of warranty, Apple will replace the battery for a nominal fee. That fee in the US is $70.00.

Thanks. It's out of warranty.

I am assuming it has to be sent away to have it replaced?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.