Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
All the ads from the super bowl, right on google video!

What was everyone's fave ad? least favorite ad?

We the ads this year better or worse than those last year?

Do you watch the game for the ads or for the game?

Discuss. :p

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
I was pretty disappointed with the commercials this year. A few where amusing, but not a single one jumped out and made me say, "Now that's worth 3 million dollars." This was by far the worst year for ads I can remember. I probably wouldn't have notice if the game was a little more exciting. It was a pretty wasted Sunday night. I could have been playing video games.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Several "lousy" ones...Disney in the list. But Burger King was definitely the cheeziest. The only honest lol for me was the Bud Light Fridge one.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
mad jew said:
I think that was the worst Pepsi ad I've ever seen. 'Specially since it had so much potential. :(

Pepsi ads have been getting worse and worse, and I noticed it with one last year, I think. It was the one with P.Diddy and the giant Pepsi truck as a real truck...

They need some fresh blood. All this hip-hop pepsi stuff... not so much.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
What was with replacing the Pepsi with Coke as a stunt double in the one ad? The only thing that told me is that Coke is a much stronger, more manly soft drink and Pepsi is a pussycat. Not the best advertising.

mlw1235

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2004
Milwaukee, WI
I did like the ford hybrid one. It was kind of creative....the whole double-entendre of the green statement was great.

Second, is the bud light one when the guy falls through the roof, that is priceless.

Worst commerical? Any of the GoDaddy.com ones. I just didn't like them.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Burger King ad was the worst... special mention for the two Diet Pepsi ads.

Best ad: I liked the Budweiser ad with the young Clydesdale pulling the beer wagon... special mention for the Hummer and V For Vendetta ads.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
oh.. I loved the Hummer G3 one.. Little Monster.. that was cute. :)

and the one with the horse pulling the beer wagon.. that was my mother's favorite. It made her forklempt.

:p

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Come on guys, we have to go yellow. :p Anyway, my favs were the mist ad, the H3 one, the Escalade one, the bud light one where mass chaos erupted, the touch football one where the girl got destroyed and got payback, and Superfan Cowboy one.

Worst: The Acura MDX one, Burger King, and the Fridgeline Oh I mean Ridgeline. I mean come on. It isn't a truck. It is based on a freaking Mini van platform.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
My favorite was the Lost commercial. (The one where they took scenes from Lost and played them to a "Addicted to Lost" song).

It was great at the end when Locke said "I think we need to see that again."

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Well, apparently Google's a little bit racist. :(

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 111

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
mad jew said:
Well, apparently Google's a little bit racist. :(

:( I'm sorry.

OT
I didn't know google had country-specific playback..
HHHHMMMM.... *strokes imaginary beard*

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Best commercial: Bud Lite Secret Fridge
Second Place: Degree: Stunt City
Third Place: Budweiser: Wave

Artistic merit: United Airlines: Dragon

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I was hoping for more Pepsi machine commercials, I think the Bud Light ones were best. The Miss Piggy Pizza Hut commercial was amusing.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Today is for watching the ads; over the in the UK ,we got the game complete with the most irritating advert for a budget Ford Fiesta where a woman jilts her man at the altar for her car with mp3 streaming and voice activation? oooh!

Anyhow, has there ever been a really bad Budweiser Clydesdale ad? Love all of them - and it was so cool when we finally got to see them at a Monday Night game in St Louis ;)

Attachments

• budclyd2.jpg
    budclyd2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 64
  • budcly2.jpg
    budcly2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 59
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.