Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timshundo

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I believe with Reachability, iPhone 6 is more reachable than iPhone 5/5S for any corner.

The convenience of reachability is negated by having to reach down to the bottom of the phone, double tapping, then reaching back up. It makes a one-tap step into 3 taps. It's especially if you have to use it multiple times in a row, tapping the home button 6-8 times.

Denmac1

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Lost in Space
Not updating the 4'' iPhone would be a big mistake in my opinion. While I have and love the iPhone 6+, there are many people (including my wife) who won't go near a phone bigger than 4''. Her 5s is sill great, but she already said that she won't upgrade to anything bigger (and I believe her) - and many other also won't. And why not offer three different sizes ? - app developers already have to support this.

I still have the 5s and personally believe it's the best form factor. As many have stated, my wife's hands are small and it took quite a bit for her to move from her older LG Flip to a 5s. I know she would never touch the 6 series. I believe there is a market for the 4" and Apple would be wise to take advantage of it.

continuity

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2014
Myob
The size difference between the iPhone 6 and the Sony Xperia Z3 is neither "huge" nor "massive"

If you can be satisfied with the size of one phone... you'll have no problem with the other.

Stop exaggerating :D

LHpbd4t.jpg

That's actually a pretty significant difference if reachability is the main concern. The Z3 is much more one-handed usage friendly.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
That's actually a pretty significant difference if reachability is the main concern. The Z3 is much more one-handed usage friendly.
It's not that different.

If you can reach things at the top of the Xperia screen with your thumb... you can reach things at the top of the iPhone 6 screen with your thumb.

The iPhone screen is only a tiny bit higher. But most of your interactions take place in the green area:

RHMSfy0.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.