Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlotte8290

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
a couple of days ago i got a "refurbished" ipod video. i decided to buy a couple of videos but whenever i try to put them on the ipod it comes up with the error message "some of the items in the itunes library were not copied to the ipod because your ipod software is too old. go to the summary tab in ipod preferences and click update to get the latest ipod software update." i went to the summary tab and it says my ipod is up to date (and it has software version 1.1.1, but im not sure if that has anything to do with this). so then i thought that maybe is should try restoring my ipod...but when i press that button it comes up with a message saying "itunes could not contact the ipod update server becase you are not connected to the internet":confused: is it because i put some weird settings on itunes or something? i really cant figure it out. and some videos do go on the ipod...just not the ones i bought recently. theres about 4 music videos that i got a long time ago that went on without a problem.
does anyone know how to solve any of these problems?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.