Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
golden is wall mounting with the woofer possible....is the cable long enough?

I know this is directed at him but wall-mounting the woofer for me over a 30" ACD with my MacPro on the floor is doable, albeit a stretch. Oddly, the left (my left as a face the speakers) speaker barely reaches the woofer which is inappropriately placed next to me not in front of me.

Yeah the RCA inputs/outputs can obviously be extended. The only other chord is the power chord, which can also be extended and is good for (if my memory serves me correctly) about eight feet, when I get back I can do some more serious measurements.

Extended as in using another cable not using the same and essentially using a female/female coupling to add another cable right?

DEE9299

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2009
Boston Mass.
I know this is directed at him but wall-mounting the woofer for me over a 30" ACD with my MacPro on the floor is doable, albeit a stretch. Oddly, the left (my left as a face the speakers) speaker barely reaches the woofer which is inappropriately placed next to me not in front of me.

Extended as in using another cable not using the same and essentially using a female/female coupling to add another cable right?

thank you jessica ...how long are the cables that run from your left and right speakers?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Both are 4'4" and the only way to extend is with a coupling as they're fixed into the speakers. I can dig around for the power cable if need be and the line out cable but I have to go do my hair. A girl has priorities.

DEE9299

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2009
Boston Mass.
Both are 4'4" and the only way to extend is with a coupling as they're fixed into the speakers. I can dig around for the power cable if need be and the line out cable but I have to go do my hair. A girl has priorities.

no thats cool just wanted to know those cables.. go get your hair did.................thanks

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.