Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpgolfpro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
I currently have two phones. One for work and one personal. My work phone is an iPhone 8 and personal is an iPhone 11.

My company will give me a new iPhone 15.

Is it possible to swap the sims from both phones and make the iPhone 15 my personal and my iPhone 11 my work phone?

I realize the 15 doesn’t have a physical SIM card so I’m not sure if this is possible or will work.

Any advice would be awesome!

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Get an eSIM for the service associated with the iPhone 11. Or get an iPhone 15 with a SIM tray.

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
I currently have two phones. One for work and one personal. My work phone is an iPhone 8 and personal is an iPhone 11.

My company will give me a new iPhone 15.

Is it possible to swap the sims from both phones and make the iPhone 15 my personal and my iPhone 11 my work phone?

I realize the 15 doesn’t have a physical SIM card so I’m not sure if this is possible or will work.

Any advice would be awesome!
Best to check what is possible with your provider?

Last edited:

HDFan

macrumors 604
Jun 30, 2007

Not sure what you want with one personal and one work related. You want different phone numbers for each?

Anyway the answer is no. As you said there is no physical SIM slot. As above you have to contact your cellular provider to get the esim activated. The phones will have different sims - 1 physical, one virtual and normally different numbers.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Anything's possible ;)

Migrate the iPhone 11 to the iPhone 15, including the number. Then swap the SIM from iPhone 8 to iPhone 11, and migrate the contents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.