Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
Not as much activity in the iOS forum, so I'll try this here:

Hey guys, not sure if there's one centralized list yet. Lets get one going. Please list apps that stopped working for you after iOS 10.2. List the app, if fixed or not, and carrier

I have Tmobile.

1. Ring Doorbell - Only worked on wifi - Fixed with app update 12/19/2016
2. Tango - Only works on wifi - no fix as of 12/23/16

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Only noticed with Ring and glad they fixed it with an appstore update.
That tells me that all the other devs that are blaming T mobile and saying everything is ok on their end they can do something about it to help out their customers that are on T mobiles network.
Its just easy to play the blame game and point the finger elsewhere.

paulg1981

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2014
We can add Transmit to the list of apps that doesn't work on cellular. I have been conversing with them and they are saying it is not their issue as well. I will point them towards this thread.

Reactions: its Dale

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
Show them this. Ring had one too but they've update since and it's not in the description anymore

Attachments

• IMG_0353.PNG
    IMG_0353.PNG
    303.2 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: Applejuiced

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
It was a problem with Ring door bell. It is still a problem with Piper, Spotify, Tango and Vonage for some users, some VPN services, some TuneIn radio stations. I called T-mobile and the trouble tickets was opened. They called me back that they are going to fix it with Apple upgrade.. I hope 10.3 beta shows some results soon.

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
It was a problem with Ring door bell. It is still a problem with Piper, Spotify, Tango and Vonage for some users, some VPN services, some TuneIn radio stations. I called T-mobile and the trouble tickets was opened. They called me back that they are going to fix it with Apple upgrade.. I hope 10.3 beta shows some results soon.

oh wow thats good news for now. at least they are aware of an issue. I feel i was one of the first few to contact them and they said there's nothing they can do.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
fullsizeoutput_53a6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_53a7.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_53a6.jpeg fullsizeoutput_53a7.jpeg
thanks for the

thanks for the updates! this is no good

GOOD NEWS!!!! T-mobile just updated with 27.2 carrier settings on ios 10.2.1, nothing on beta. All the servers work for me. You can test on fra.dot.gov before and after update. To update Carrier settings, just go setting -> about and it asks you to update the carrier setting.

:)))

27.2 Has a fallback on ipv4, 27.1 or 27.5.10 dont. 14/20 before 17/20 after

P.S. They fixed on beta also without updating Carrier Settings. Good Job T-mobile!!!!
P.S.2 They didn't fix everything on beta, some servers are still unreachable for me. They fixed fra.dot.gov. .There is no fallback on ip4 on beta. My advice it is better to stick 10.2.1 for now.

Last edited:

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
View attachment 685885 View attachment 685886 View attachment 685885 View attachment 685886

GOOD NEWS!!!! T-mobile just updated with 27.2 carrier settings on ios 10.2.1, nothing on beta. All the servers work for me. You can test on fra.dot.gov before and after update. To update Carrier settings, just go setting -> about and it asks you to update the carrier setting.

:)))

27.2 Has a fallback on ipv4, 27.1 or 27.5.10 dont. 14/20 before 17/20 after

P.S. They fixed on beta also without updating Carrier Settings. Good Job T-mobile!!!!

How do we update the carrier settings?

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Yeah the new carrier update fixes the problems at least on 10.2.1. I doubt anything is ready for the beta at this stage.

Present global Internet is not ready for IPV6 only for 100 percent. Thanks God T-mobile understood this. I hope they keep fallback on ip4 for at least one more year.

At&t and VZ are smarter in the situation and they don't rush( may be simply they cannot due many time prooved mismanagement and bureaucracy). 99+% of the customers don't care ipv6 or ip4 , they need their internet works and they have access to web site, apps and servers. That's why when most of the customers including me cannot access web site on T-mobile, but can on other providers the first decision that comes is to switch.I used VPN instead.

Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.