Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
katchow said:
thats it! Yokomo is the name i've been straining to remember (i called it yamamoto earlier :p ).

I remember that The Dogfighter pissed on everything at the time, even the Optima Mid's and Lazers, quite rare and exotic though in the UK.

katchow said:
Never owned one of their cars, but the motors were prevelant in my area.

I never ran any of their motors, the popular ones where I raced were modified Reedys and LRP's, I ran a Schumacher Gold Nova in an Avante and that was pretty useful, 14 double if memory serves.

Then I switched to a Tamiya Dynatech O2H, which I later ran in an Egress but struggled with the speed from that motor.

katchow said:
could have sworn they made a 4-wheel steering dealie too. memory fails me often ;)

The Kyosho one is the only one I know of... but Yokomo could well have produced one, I'll have to do a search.

AlBDamned said:
Yep, mine was a kit though my older brother had to build it for me

I remember now... they also made a Jr. version, that ran on double AA's, we used to race junior car at lunchtime in the school hall at primary school.... better than playing football. :p

AlBDamned said:
I had a proper controller too, not one of those crappy hand grip ones.

I was never a fan of the trigger type either. ;)

MacSA said:
I want them to reissue the Monster Beetle though

I think that's increasingly likely along with the 'Blackfoot' because of the reissue of 'The Frog'. ;)

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
The Lunchbox... It actually had a wheelie bar if my memory is correct. I can't remember if it could actually pop wheelies with the standard 540 motor.

MacSA said:
I used to have the Tamiya Lunchbox............ I still have the wheels and a few other bits.

hers a good list of Tamiya's RC Cars:

http://classictamiyarc.com/tamcars01.html

I want them to reissue the Monster Beetle though :D

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Sedulous said:
The Lunchbox... It actually had a wheelie bar if my memory is correct. I can't remember if it could actually pop wheelies with the standard 540 motor.

yep, it has a serious rear weight bias :eek:

it was even worse back in the days before BEC (Battery Eliminating Circuit) kicked in, and recievers and servo's were powered by 4 AA's. :eek: :D

RcChopShop.com

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2005
A source for old parts and hopups

I run a site for old vintage info and parts, a good resource for some hard to find items and info:
RcChopShop.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.