Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cloud9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
between flesh and thought
So yesterday I am out at wedding photoassisting and acting as second camera.
The photographer calls for the scrim, and I place my less then 30 day old camera and lense in the bag and then move to place it onto the ground so that I can get into position. But the universe had other ideas about how reality should unfold and the camera fell out of my bag and landed partialy on the sidewalk and grass. The Camera is fine.

My Tamron lense on the other hand is in trouble. The glass seems fine, but part of the casing is cracked, and the innards jam up when zooming or focusing. I went to a local camera dealer and they offered to send it in to tamron for me, but they thought I might have a better turnaround if I do it myself.

Its the f2.8 28-75 by the way in case anyone cares.

So has anyone ever sent their lense into tamron before and what can I expect to happen from here?

Thanks

triotary

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2005
Cloud9 said:
So yesterday I am out at wedding photoassisting and acting as second camera.
The photographer calls for the scrim, and I place my less then 30 day old camera and lense in the bag and then move to place it onto the ground so that I can get into position. But the universe had other ideas about how reality should unfold and the camera fell out of my bag and landed partialy on the sidewalk and grass. The Camera is fine.

My Tamron lense on the other hand is in trouble. The glass seems fine, but part of the casing is cracked, and the innards jam up when zooming or focusing. I went to a local camera dealer and they offered to send it in to tamron for me, but they thought I might have a better turnaround if I do it myself.

Its the f2.8 28-75 by the way in case anyone cares.

So has anyone ever sent their lense into tamron before and what can I expect to happen from here?

Thanks

that sucks!!! hehehe just buy a new one :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.