1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Target column in Illustrator CS2.

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Dal123, Jul 28, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

Dal123

I have lots and lots of different layers in Illustrator, I don't understand why some of them (my ruler markings) are showing a grey dot in the 'target column' row.
    I've tried clicking on the dot and individual items but nothing changes. What is the crack? See I'm trying to select all objects in my document via the 'layers' palette. How do I do this, thought I would just hold shift down and alt?

2. macrumors 6502

sigmadog

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but the "target" rings aren't really for selecting objects, at least not in the sense you seem to indicate. The far right column (just to the right of the rings) is for selecting objects.

If the far right column is empty, then nothing on that layer is selected. If the column shows a small square, then one object in that layer is selected. A larger square indicates that all layer items are selected.

You can expand the layer to show all items (and sublayers, if you have them) by clicking on the arrow next to the layer thumbnail. This shows you the stacking order of all the objects in the layer. Individual items can be selected this way by clicking the far right column.

Hope this helps.

3. macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Cheers dude, much appreciated:)