Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unfeomateo

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2003
I have 2 Targets within a few miles of each other. One never got their shipment so I went to the other one at 4:58 and I was 3rd in line. They had 5 32GB Black WiFi iPads. So for all I know they still have 2 left. Vista, CA Target

iserian

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Palo Alto Apple Store
Was able to pick up my two right at five. I was the first one and wrapped it up in a few minutes. Of course they had no accessories so I stopped by the apple store to pick up a variety of magnatec covers.

Who would have thought Target was the place to grab and go Ipad two.

Davydd

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
Minnesota
so you cant use the discount to buy gifts for people? tons of people should get canned then.

Yes, you can buy gifts for people. Are you thinking that an employee that will buy an iPad and just give it to you? Somehow that is not what I think the poster I responded to meant. If you reimburse him the cost that is not a gift.

Last edited:

ironicninja

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
Walked into the Sunnyvale, CA Target at 5:05 to hear a Target employee announcing to the line of people (only about 30 people) that they hadn't received their shipment, and that none of the other Target locations in the south bay had received any except one in San Jose, which got 5 of them. He was doubtful that the shipment was going to come at all, so I left.

iserian

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Palo Alto Apple Store
Walked into the Sunnyvale, CA Target at 5:05 to hear a Target employee announcing to the line of people (only about 30 people) that they hadn't received their shipment, and that none of the other Target locations in the south bay had received any except one in San Jose, which got 5 of them. He was doubtful that the shipment was going to come at all, so I left.

That is harsh - I'm surprised that many people were waiting.

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
My tiny Target got in 10 of the white 16gb. That's the size I wanted, didn't care what color. First to get a line ticket at 3:30, all of them were sold minutes after 5. Really glad I took a chance and didn't order online. Target didn't have any accessories. Went to Best Buy for the pink cover. Even at 6:30, there was still a line of people there.

relaxed137

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
I called 8 targets in western phoenix metro area. 7 of them had stock on-hand. All stores got only 5 units. 6 of the stores had 5 people waiting in line when i called at 4:15 pm. At the last store, they got 5 64GB Black ones, and I actually got the 4th unit at that store with one left to purchase when I arrived at 5:01 from being stuck in traffic.

I swiped my Red Card and saved 5%

iserian

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Palo Alto Apple Store
I called 8 targets in western phoenix metro area. 7 of them had stock on-hand. All stores got only 5 units. 6 of the stores had 5 people waiting in line when i called at 4:15 pm. At the last store, they got 5 64GB Black ones, and I actually got the 4th unit at that store with one left to purchase when I arrived at 5:01 from being stuck in traffic.

I swiped my Red Card and saved 5%

Yep. If you needed it today you cant do better than five percent off. Need it next month and you can save even more with no sales tax and free shipping offer.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I stopped at my local target (Bay Shore, LI NY) around 4:30 on my lunch break. They were just taking names and I just had to be back by 5 to pick up. They probably had like 20 or so and about 10-15 people on line with me. I got a 32 gig wi-fi in white and only had to wait like 10 minutes or so. The guy in front of me drove past the best buy like a mile up the road and he said the line was probably 100 deep. Only gripe about the iPad is the upper left corner of the aluminum has like a millimeter nick in it where the protective plastic doesn't cover. You can't feel it when you roll your skin over it, just with a fingernail. I don't think it's worth doing a return and such for it not knowing when I can easily get a new one anyway.

zacware

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
My iPad has the same nick in it. So it might be pretty common. I m not going to worry about it though.

I stopped at my local target (Bay Shore, LI NY) around 4:30 on my lunch break. They were just taking names and I just had to be back by 5 to pick up. They probably had like 20 or so and about 10-15 people on line with me. I got a 32 gig wi-fi in white and only had to wait like 10 minutes or so. The guy in front of me drove past the best buy like a mile up the road and he said the line was probably 100 deep. Only gripe about the iPad is the upper left corner of the aluminum has like a millimeter nick in it where the protective plastic doesn't cover. You can't feel it when you roll your skin over it, just with a fingernail. I don't think it's worth doing a return and such for it not knowing when I can easily get a new one anyway.

troyhouse

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2010
Does anyone know when is the next batch going to be delivered at target? I got shafted as the guy wouldnt tell what they have in stock, and they only had 64gb wifi white, and i was looking for 16gb wifi. everyone waited for 1 hour and at the end no one waiting bought it.

looking to buy from target as i have some GCs and friends discount (10% + 5%) that I can use.

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
store specific

Would imagine it's by store. But target in Jersey City near Hoboken had some yesterday and did a checklist of people getting in line and handled it well. Had a couple of Verizon 64's left what I saw.

Running around popped in and it was late morning. One woman at the register asking and rumor they had gotten more in. Went to grab something and came back and they made another line with about a dozen folks.

They wheeled out this locked up cage and I counted 30 in it. Everyone was getting one if they wanted. They didn't have white 32GB they said but no one left the line.

A nice guy behind me from the UK was chatting how he wanted to do Facetime with his wife while on the road for business to her iPhone 4. Expect that to be popular.

When people saw the little metal rails coming out, we asked where do you want us to line up? The security guard just kept working to the side of the register, so I joked okay, who's in charge here. A Target employee just stood by the new metal rails and we all laughed as she pretended not to notice the dozen people to her left. She got in the back of the reformed line.

One guy with his son got test with me when I went behind the woman saying he was there. I said hey, I was here before you sir, I just went to get some underwear (t-shirts). The Brit piped right up and said those t-shirts redone would make a great case. I picked up on the joke and the other guy chilled out.

Everyone there was getting one. People walking around the store started seeing the line formed and you could see panic in their eyes. :eek:

The nice bloke and I joked it was time to say screw the LCD (TV) and grab the iPad 2.

This is one helleva panic like I've ever seen.

Woman ahead of me said 5th Avenue Store in NYC had none. No doubt they will be getting regular shipments. Looks like Apple decided to release the new one early but is ramping up to the channel.

Steve Jobs rules. He can be hard nosed but he knows marketing. He's killing the other guys ramping up demand beyond supply and no doubt it will be some time. Article said they expect to sell 15 million of these. 15 million!

Let me say iPad was great but the size and feel with this feels even better and lighter somehow than the shaved ounces they say. Fast too, really fast. :p

16GB wifi in black and naked (for the moment).

Rhino420

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
my target in Racho cucamonga, ca had 5 i was number 4 they got 5 white 16gb
target down the street got zero and target north go 5 64gb white kinda of weird how they sold them all scattered but oh well I got mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.