Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

target_logo.jpg
From November 3 to November 9, Target is running an in-store promotion for its trade-in program that provides customers with a gift card worth at least $200 for any iPad, including low value first-generation models. iPads can be brought to any Target mobility store.

The promotion applies to any "previous model working iPad," which means the iPad must be able to power on. Target's rules also require the iPad to have no scratches on the display. Target normally pays $65 for a fully functional 16 GB first -generation iPad and $145 for a 16 GB iPad mini.
Between November 3rd thru 9th visit your local Target Mobility store and trade in any iPad for at least $200*. To take advantage of this offer, simply follow the below steps:

Step 1: Find your local Target mobility store by clicking here and selecting "Target Mobility."

Step 2: Bring your iPad to your local mobility store and visit the mobility kiosk in the electronics department to complete the trade.

Step 3: Payment will be issued in the form of a Target Trade-In Gift Card and is redeemable in any Target store.

*Visit TargetTradeinProgram.com for store hours, locations, and to see if your iPad qualifies for the offer. To be eligible for trade in, the iPad must power on and screen must not be scratched.
Target is offering the iPad Air beginning at $479 for the entry-level 16 GB model, bringing the price down to $279 with the $200 trade-in gift card. Gift cards do not need to be applied to the purchase of an iPad, however, and can be used towards any purchase online or at a Target retail location.

Target's promotion will last until November 9.

Update: Target has changed the wording on its promotional materials to suggest that the $200 received for an old iPad must be used towards the purchase of a new iPad.

Article Link: Target Offering $200 Gift Card for iPad Trade-in, Including First Generation [Updated]

aberrero

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2010
I really don't want to give up my first gen iPad. It's useless, but... it's also a First Gen iPad.

Chaks

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2013
Something's not right...

Apparently my mint condition iPad 2 32 GB AT&T 3G is only worth $158??

ILiveOnWacker

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2011
I checked online, and for my 1st Generation WIFI 16GB version, they were going to give me $65. I'd rather just keep my e-reader....

davidjacobs21

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
I checked online, and for my 1st Generation WIFI 16GB version, they were going to give me $65. I'd rather just keep my e-reader....

yes its 65 dollars if you do it online, but they give you 200 if you do in store. I went with my dad and we traded in his ipad 1 16gb for 200 bucks

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Very tempting. My first generation iPad is still going strong and meeting most of my tablet needs, but this discount sounds like a good deal.

akrimmer

macrumors member
May 14, 2010
So it looks like there are 5 Target Mobile stores in the entire US. All in NC. What a great deal to appeal to the masses. :rolleyes:

Djtrackie

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
it says it's only taking trade in at it's target mobility stores. I think they only have those in charlotte because when i searched in their website, it doesn't look like they have too many

jlansner

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2013
Search Error?

it says it's only taking trade in at it's target mobility stores. I think they only have those in charlotte because when i searched in their website, it doesn't look like they have too many

Regardless of what I search for, it only shows me those stores in Charlotte. Does anyone know another way to find out which Target stores have Target Mobility?

Keymaster

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2003
I think the website to search for stores is broken...if I search for any Target store near me I only get the ones in NC, and I can walk to my nearest Target store. That goes for the mobile website as well.

thmshale

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
As a Target employee, it probably means Target Mobile stations (although I haven't confirmed this) which are located in just about every Super Target but not regular Targets. I find it hard to believe this offer is only valid at a handful of stores in NC.

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
As a Target employee, it probably means Target Mobile stations (although I haven't confirmed this) which are located in just about every Super Target but not regular Targets. I find it hard to believe this offer is only valid at a handful of stores in NC.

I 2nd this. This is in the weekly ad in my area (Chicago). No reason this can't be done at any of our stores that have a mobile phone station.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.