Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Firedude

macrumors newbie
Will be interesting to see what deals the Apple Store is offering on iPads. In the past, its been $40 off regardless of memory IIRC.

Last year Best Buy offered the Black Friday deals online, Target did as well. Not sure if they will do this again this year.

As an FYI, Micro Center has the iPad Air for $40 off in stores right now. Not sure if their prices will be any better on Black Friday. But I have had luck getting them to match Black Friday ads in the past, even before Black Friday. (YMMV).

Regards...

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
and it then goes across some technician's worktable where he or she corrects the fault, puts the unit through testing, and ensures it meets whatever standards are in place prior to continuing down the pipeline. Compare to the mass production process where perhaps not all units are thoroughly gone over / tested prior to ending up in the consumer's hands. Probabilities of issues are impossible for us to predict/assess due to lack of comprehensive data, I can merely say that I've never had any issues with any Apple refurbs I've purchased; they've looked/felt/acted same as a brand new unit at a lower cost.

This is really my point, which perhaps I haven't been clear on. Each should do what works for them. :D
At the end, the $99 for iPod nano 7th gen at Best Buy is a decent deal for those fellows that are thrilled to bust open a brand new item.

This would conclude it, right?:apple:

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Maybe someone already mentioned this, but can you use the Target gift card to purchase the iPad or do you get that after checkout?

So when I worked at BBY, we allowed this because its a FREE gift card and when you ring it up through the POS system, it activates the card before payment is taken.

So essentially, the gift card is ready to use even though a customer hasn't paid yet. I don't know if it works the same way at Target, but I don't see why not?

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
Is the target deal for the 100$ gift card in store only or is it available on their website too?

Also does it only apply to the 16 gig air? Was kinda hoping the 32 gig would be in this deal.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Is the target deal for the 100$ gift card in store only or is it available on their website too?

Unknown at this point AFAIK.

Also does it only apply to the 16 gig air? Was kinda hoping the 32 gig would be in this deal.

Look at the black friday ad paper at Target.com, page 4-5: http://weeklyad.target.com/

target_black_friday_ipads.jpg

That's the extent of what anyone knows. IMHO it's reasonable to think "all other iPads" would mean it's good with any capacity ipad, but this MR so some may interpret that differently.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.