Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pwhitehead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
new jersey
I'm normally a lynda.com person and haven't renewed my subscription in sometime. I have an elegant themes account that I use to build word press sites, but I'm not much of a coder and I barely use any custom css. I do use a child theme though and understand the basics of building a site locally, making it live and child theme environments! :)

I never really understood a lick of PHP though or how everything on the backend works with wordpress... I just started my free 7 day trial with teamtreehouse.com and so far so good. I figure maybe spending the $49 a month for a few months will pay off, eh?

Has anyone had good results with this company, have you learned anything? Feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2015
What I never liked about them is the way they record their courses.

It's so annoying and fake, the way they move their hands to make an impression or something. Also they over -articulate- in their speeches. I mean, English isn't my first language but I have trouble following their courses only because it has such a fake factor or layer on top of it. It's costs me twice the effort to listen to Team Treehouse courses only because they are trying too hard. It's not like how real humans would talk or teach someone.

See this video for example. This woman is moving her hands way too much while talking, this is so annoying for me because English isn't my first language and I really have to focus on what people say. Everything else is a distraction for me at least.

I'm a Lynda.com user and really love it from the very first minute I sign up with them. The way they record is a plus for me. Not too much fancy stuff in the background and the person/teacher is only in screen when he/she really needs to be.

Lynda.com costs me about 200,- a year and it's well worth it in my opinion.

johnmathew11

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2016
I did not use this website for any course because i had subscribed shaw academy's free course of PHP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.