Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cappy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2002
Hadn't seen this yet so for those interested Teamspeak is being developed for Mac OS X thanks to Apple lending some equipment to the Teamspeak developers. It's posted on the main page of their site.

Teamspeak

For those not familiar with the software it's for voice communication between players in online gaming. A Windows and Linux version already exist.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
now we just need some good games to go with it. i cant even imagine playing games on my mac, i wish games would come out for mac then i wouldnt have to spend twice as much money on a computer and i could drop my pc. Only if Battlefield was out for mac, that is a game someone needs to port, i would make on of your guys little petitions for that game.

iJon

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by iJon
now we just need some good games to go with it. i cant even imagine playing games on my mac, i wish games would come out for mac then i wouldnt have to spend twice as much money on a computer and i could drop my pc.
iJon

hehe if only we could get some games to all this new software.

Some of our games don't even come close to the PC counter parts.

My biggest points are in the area of online gaming, I would love to see something like a counter strike come out for the mac, get started on some petitions for that because I never seen so many devoted gamers play one game for so long.

Almost as bad as starcraft was, thousands of people playing daily, but for starcraft we could play.

8thDegreeSavage

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I dotn understand what you guys are talkign about...msot of the bigger names in game releases come out for the Mac now....that excuse is pretty tired...i mean do you really want to play stuff like Daikatana?

Game support could be better yes....and it will get better....as soon as OS9 is completely dropped and Mac gamign companies stop making stuff for it and solely focus on OSX.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by 8thDegreeSavage
I dotn understand what you guys are talkign about...msot of the bigger names in game releases come out for the Mac now....that excuse is pretty tired...i mean do you really want to play stuff like Daikatana?

Game support could be better yes....and it will get better....as soon as OS9 is completely dropped and Mac gamign companies stop making stuff for it and solely focus on OSX.
but that is the thing, game support is bad for the mac and the topic isnt weak. first off, unless the game comes from id or blizzard, the game arent that great. we jsut now got force feedback, we just now got teamspeak. what about games like morrowind, star was galaxies, bf1942, americas army, mafia counter strike. oh yeah, people are excited about everquest coming to us, too bad they are 5 years late. now we have everquest 2 coming out and star wars galaxies which will blow away the competition in every single way possible. with the lack of these things plus direct x 9 and eax sound technology adds it to the list. you can aruge all you want but the mac is very far behind, not everyone wants to play sims, jedi knight, and harry potter. but until the day i can go into a game place and buy a game without having to look on the box for compatibility i will always have a pc next to my mac.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.