Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crh12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
I have an iphone4s. I upgraded to the ios7. I was cruising around the phone to see what was new and under settings/usage/messages.....I noticed it says that I have 2.2 gb of saved messages . This is the first time I've ever checked out usage before. Lol How can that be when I delete all of my text messages? My daughter texts wayyyy more than me and she has some texts that she saved and she has hardly any saved mb of messages. That's a lotta gb that I have no access to. Seems weird. Help !!!!!! I want my gb's back. Lol

Last edited:

Crh12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Hi everyone. I posted this question a little while ago and I see there was several viewers but no replies. Any suggestions people ? I need help trying to figure this out. Please helpppppp !

Crh12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Hopefully someone can help us as that's a lot of gb's being used for something I don't even know why. I need my gb's back. I could use them for something else :mad:

hxcdave

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2013
I have an iphone4s. I upgraded to the ios7. I was cruising around the phone to see what was new and under settings/usage/messages.....I noticed it says that I have 2.2 gb of saved messages . This is the first time I've ever checked out usage before. Lol How can that be when I delete all of my text messages? My daughter texts wayyyy more than me and she has some texts that she saved and she has hardly any saved mb of messages. That's a lotta gb that I have no access to. Seems weird. Help !!!!!! I want my gb's back. Lol

I fixxed this easily because i was having the same problem. My main way of fixxing it is doing a quick back up to icloud, then restoring your phone from that iCloud back up. it will delete all that and everything, trust me. It was some glitch fro 6.1 or whatever that stayed and thats what that 'other' has always been thats been hogging space. RESTORE FROM ICLOUD NOT BACKUP

fraktur

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2013

Try this.
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/17973804/

I fixxed this easily because i was having the same problem. My main way of fixxing it is doing a quick back up to icloud, then restoring your phone from that iCloud back up. it will delete all that and everything, trust me. It was some glitch fro 6.1 or whatever that stayed and thats what that 'other' has always been thats been hogging space. RESTORE FROM ICLOUD NOT BACKUP

That only works if you dont want to recover your messages, otherwise the cloud will also backup the ghost message data and will subsequently download it when you restore from it. At least it does for me and many of the experiences ive read on the forums about.

Crh12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
iMac Sam......which worked for you ? I'm seriously not computer iPhone or technology Savy at all! Could you explain step by step for me? I'd really appreciate it. I'm trying to learn these things on my own without bugging my family. Lol. ThAnk you so much

----------

Ps. I don't want to recover any messages at all that's why I delete them in the first place. Lol. I want them gone forever and want my gb's back and available for use. Thanx.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
everytime i check those folders in my backup, they are only like 3 MB of data in there (maybe 3-4 pics). nothing anywhere near the 1.8 GB of "other" data im apparently using up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.