Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkim229

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Anyone else having trouble downloading the game through steam?

I'm sure it's backed up pretty good but cmon... >.>

jkim229

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Are you talking about the win or mac version?

As far as I know, the mac version has not been released as of yet (sometime it will today).

OHH is that why???

I have it in my play list and so I thought it was ready to be downloaded...

stupid me...

Ack

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2009
It was just released and tons of people have been mashing refresh all day looking for it. I'm trying to download it now but it keeps saying the servers are too busy.

Either keep trying now and put up with a very slow download when and if you get through, or just forget about it for a day or to until the demand dies down.

Sir Lethal

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2010
Anyone else having trouble downloading the game through steam?

I'm sure it's backed up pretty good but cmon... >.>

First release day the servers always get over-loaded as a **** load of people are trying to download

DarkCloud2015

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2010
I'm averaging about 120 kb/s. On my connection, that's pretty much as good as it's going to get. :rolleyes:

Edit: Ugh, 4+ hours time remaining. Guess I'll be playing late.

Benjones-KY

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2010
My download is almost done.

SECRET: Set your download server to something else. Preferably another country like Greenland (what I'm using) I'm sure any other country will beat out the US servers right now though. I'm dling at about 1000kbs instead of 50-400 which is what I was getting on the Chicago server.

How to: go into your friends listt window. Click the arrow beside your name. Click change profile name. Download tab and then switch server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.