Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mraheel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
Hey guys, I'm all set to submit my First, New application to AppStore tonight. Im not a programmer but i like coding, and macrumors has been very very helpful.. Thanks PhoneyDeveloper and Dejo specially :)

Theres soo many theories flying around about getting to the "New Releases" list. I set a release date of 1st January 2010, so that i switch it back once its ready for release.

Its true that theres no guarentee of making it, but i'd like to hear any recommended dates! if possible from you experienced guys
What would you put as the release date if your submitting on 24th Novem?

djsiek

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
release date tips

Hey guys, I'm all set to submit my First, New application to AppStore tonight. Im not a programmer but i like coding, and macrumors has been very very helpful.. Thanks PhoneyDeveloper and Dejo specially :)

Theres soo many theories flying around about getting to the "New Releases" list. I set a release date of 1st January 2010, so that i switch it back once its ready for release.

Its true that theres no guarentee of making it, but i'd like to hear any recommended dates! if possible from you experienced guys
What would you put as the release date if your submitting on 24th Novem?

Hi - I did a lot of research on this for my apps. And I hit the latest releases no probs.

Leave your release date the same date as you submitted. putting it into the future will delay your review (it has for the me and a few others I spoke to ).

in ITunes connect, it will say "In review" once apple are looking at it. depending on your app it shoudl be approved with 1 - 2 days... it varies. but you need to keep an eye on your email. as soon as you get the ready for sale email - go in and change your release date to todays date instantly. (under pricing in app details).

your app should show up in 3 - 24 hours in latest releases. mine showed up the next day on page one of latest releases. but i am not sure if this is becuase i'm in Aus...

Cheers and good luck!!!

mraheel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
Ok. Sounds good. So I change the release date to "today" once my app is approved. Can't I change it to the next day?

And they're asking to select a review store. What's this? Should I be selecting my country's review store or US? I want my app to appear in all countries though.

mraheel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
Hi - I did a lot of research on this for my apps. And I hit the latest releases no probs.

Leave your release date the same date as you submitted. putting it into the future will delay your review (it has for the me and a few others I spoke to ).

in ITunes connect, it will say "In review" once apple are looking at it. depending on your app it shoudl be approved with 1 - 2 days... it varies. but you need to keep an eye on your email. as soon as you get the ready for sale email - go in and change your release date to todays date instantly. (under pricing in app details).

Hey I need some advice on this.. Im digging a bit more cuz its my first submission!

here are the stats as of today

November 29, 2009 13:49 Waiting for Review: First Submission New App
December 03, 2009 12:56 Status Change: In Review.

My app "availability date" is set to 25th November 2009. Should i be changing it to the current date daily? to get to the top of "new Releases"? Or should i attempt it only after my app is "ready for sale"?

djsiek

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
sure why not

Hey I need some advice on this.. Im digging a bit more cuz its my first submission!

here are the stats as of today

November 29, 2009 13:49 Waiting for Review: First Submission New App
December 03, 2009 12:56 Status Change: In Review.

My app "availability date" is set to 25th November 2009. Should i be changing it to the current date daily? to get to the top of "new Releases"? Or should i attempt it only after my app is "ready for sale"?

Hey,

I didn't do that for mine. but you certainly can. Because its in review, it shouldn't hurt it, but again i've not tried it.

Just make sure ur always checking ur email and login and change the date straight away. Good luck!

Cheers

djsiek

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
Ok. Sounds good. So I change the release date to "today" once my app is approved. Can't I change it to the next day?

And they're asking to select a review store. What's this? Should I be selecting my country's review store or US? I want my app to appear in all countries though.

sorry missed this. the review store is just to test the localisation of your app. i.e if u entered japanese version of your description/screenshots.

Your app will be reviewed in US just make sure u have set it to be available worldwide (it will say that pretty clearly) Your app will be on sale worldwide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.