Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Everton hold a lead for 89 minutes then blow it for a draw. The season is starting to get frustrating.

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Wirelessly posted

Poor again. Not sure what the SAF effect is, pedestrian midfield? He was late putting Anderson on. For the West Ham United game, drop RVP to the bench; he doesn't look fit, a passenger for most of his last 3 matches.

Seems it's let opposition score, then play for 25 minutes.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Man Utd's squad weaknesses appear to be irrelevant as far as results are considered. Though, they are very lethargic until they go behind. Against top European opposition this will get them into trouble, but it seems to be working just fine in the league.

I honestly think some of it has to do with the mental game. Teams are afraid of Fergie's United, even when they shouldn't be. It was only QPR of course, I doubt anyone expected them to do anything, even with 'Arry. It was very obliging of Hughes to get himself sacked right before QPR played Man Utd though...I doubt even Steve Bruce would be so helpful to his old boss. :D

With Benitez back in England, I look forward to the latest snit between Ferg and Rafa.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Well Jaffa Cake the curse of the red cards was again out in force, five red cards in nine matches. :(

Roda JC 1 vs Ajax 2
Ajax beat Roda although Roda scored first through Guus Huppets in the fourteenth minute. They scored because of a mix up in the defense of Ajax. Ajax failed to produce any goals for more than eighty minutes, dispite having more than ninety percent of the ball. Again it was that man Christain Eriksen who scored, six minutes later Lasse Schone scored to give the win to Ajax.

PSV 1 vs Vitesse 2
Revenge is sweet they say, and I think that Fred Rutten will agree, he was sacked as PSV trainer because of bad results. This afternoon he dealt a blow to PSV by winning by them at home, no excuses this time this was a full PSV first team. PSV scored first but let the game slip away from them, Vitesse always looked dangerous on the attack. Ries scored for Vitesse from a free kick, then for long period the game was in balance of sorts,PSV always looked the better footballing side. But Vitesse is known to be deadly on the counter, and Wilfried Bony scored the winner fifteen minutes for time. PSV tried a last try attack on Vitesse goal, but it was simple to avoid, by that time to many tired legs.

FC Twente 2 vs PEC Zwolle 2
The first half of this match was a messy bad and best forgotten.The match took till the second half to give us a goal, Dusan Tadic scored from a penalty, but PEC bounced right back via Denni Avdic. Joey van den Berg scored in the eighty eightieth minute for PEC, with a header; and it looked like it was all over. Twente in a last desperate push scored in injury time, from a free kick. PEC will be well pleased with this result, Steve McLaren will have a lot of explaining to do. After fielding a weak team mid week because the competion was so important, and then this game.

Last edited:

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
3 bore draws this weekend. Utd play poorly and still maintain top spot. SAF must be in cloud9.

Me thinks Torres is beyond salvation at this point. Can't wait to see what the big clubs do in January.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Utd play poorly and still maintain top spot.

I think you just summed up the entire 2012-2013 Premier League season so far. Pray that it does not also become the final analysis.

Chelsea fans are spoiled and misguided to direct hate at Benitez. I don't seem to be hearing so much as a whisper of complaint against Abramovich. Why blame Rafa?

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I think you just summed up the entire 2012-2013 Premier League season so far. Pray that it does not also become the final analysis.

Chelsea fans are spoiled and misguided to direct hate at Benitez. I don't seem to be hearing so much as a whisper of complaint against Abramovich. Why blame Rafa?

I liked the fact that they were singing for RDM, but complaining against Rafa? What a stupid thing to do. Since I have a little thing going on in favor of Chelsea (they beat Bayern disgraceful here in Munich, I liked that a lot): if he can bring Torres back on track, I'd be super thankful. It's a shame to see this great player struggle so much at this club.

But yeah, I pretty much agree about the PL in general. This is the first time, thanks to Fantasy League, that I actually watch PL matches on a regular basis (doesn't help a lot to be honest), and the big four , or ex-five :p, pretty much disappoint me, to be honest.
That's strange, but fit's in the contemporay perception of mine: almost all the big teams except Barca (and Dortmund) are kind of struggeling at the moment. Real is, as the Italians are, Bayern not really, and then all the PLs like United, CFC, City, Arsenal seems to get slooowly their act together...

One question, though: can somebody please explain West Brom to me?

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
I liked the fact that they were singing for RDM, but complaining against Rafa? What a stupid thing to do.

Almost as stupid as a minority of West Ham fans singing anti-Semitic songs to Spurs fans, yet their own chairman, David Gold, is Jewish

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
The best part avbout the protests from Chelsea fans is that they are still upset at Benitez for calling Didier Drogba a diver. :rolleyes::D I guess any group of people who can actually look up to Brave John Terry as a hero and leader are going to have a twisted sense of reality. ;)

I'm beginning to wonder whether Benitez was hired specifically to get Torres back into form above all else.

One question, though: can somebody please explain West Brom to me?

They are now being managed by Steve Clarke, who served as an assistant at Newcastle, Liverpool, and at Chelsea under Jose Mourinho. Few gave him much of a chance as a manager but he has gotten West Brom winning. They won't finish in the top four obviously, but they do at least look likely to be safe from relegation.

Almost as stupid as a minority of West Ham fans singing anti-Semitic songs to Spurs fans, yet their own chairman, David Gold, is Jewish

Pluming the absolute depths of ignorance.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
This is the first time, thanks to Fantasy League, that I actually watch PL matches on a regular basis (doesn't help a lot to be honest), and the big four , or ex-five :p, pretty much disappoint me, to be honest.
Most people would agree that the Premier League's peak were the 2008-09 and 2009-10 seasons. Other than that it's all been rubbish. :D

They are now being managed by Steve Clarke, who served as an assistant at Newcastle, Liverpool, and at Chelsea under Jose Mourinho. Few gave him much of a chance as a manager but he has gotten West Brom winning.
He's doing well, but we'd best not give him or his team any further praise lest it result in OllyW doling out bans. ;)

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
He's doing well, but we'd best not give him or his team any further praise lest it result in OllyW doling out bans. ;)

It's always hard to keep up with your bloody feuds - seen from the continent. But yes, he seems to do a good job in avoiding the relegation, Lord Blackadder.

Most people would agree that the Premier League's peak were the 2008-09 and 2009-10 seasons. Other than that it's all been rubbish. :D

So what's the point in all these sheiks and oligarchs? I thought they bring the cash, err best players (from the continent :p) and show you how to play soccer :confused: Never liked that rural kick and rush.

No seriously, I rather enjoy watching the PL. Always kind of run n' gun besides the novelty factor.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
The guys at Barclays are staring blank as well while eyeing this little conversation (and bleeding what, 1 billion Pounds?).

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Nope, I'd say 1992-2000 were it's best years. After that, it all went downhill. Not sure why...

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Since it's begin in 1992 I think that the EPL, has shown that it is the best league in Europe and therefore the world.
It might not always have the best team, or Cup winners, but it's strength in depth more than makes up for this.

I also think that English teams play to many games per season, and no winter stop, which leads in my opinion to more injuries.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK

If they blame Abramovich and he gets the hump and sods off Chelsea are in massive trouble.

One can only dream :)

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Nope, I'd say 1992-2000 were it's best years. After that, it all went downhill. Not sure why...

i've seen enough footy to know that the EPL is still one of the top two or three though.

IMHO: Bundesliga, EPL, La Liga* .

*Spain would be the weakest of those three. Barca and Real usually make everyone else in that league look ridiculous. But there has been a slight shift in the power paradigm this season.

yes, yes all subjective. looking forward to a lively debate... discuss.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
The filthy minkey also got booked.
I didn't witch the much but surly Joey has gone down a bum with the fins.

The winker. :rolleyes:

allo-allo-arthur-bostrom-as-officer-crabtree-2-203x300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.