Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Wirelessly posted

Droning on:

Others to consider re best player and Manchester United have won nada. If RVP plays out his contract with little injury and there is some silver, great, worth the GBP 24 million gamble.

Happy New Year,
OW

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
It's no more strange than Sturridge going to Liverpool. He wants more first team football but doesn't want to play out wide. Can't see Rodgers pushing Suarez out wide or putting him on the bench, so it'll be ineteresting to see what happens there...

There is room for both Sturridge and Suarez playing up front - we are starving for strikers now and Rogers favors a three-man front line, so we need bodies. Kevin Gameiro is still being tipped to come in on loan from PSG as well, so on paper at least we are finally getting some needed depth up top.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
In other news, Leighton Baines can really leather a ball.

Not bad for a chap who sounds like a Midlands village.

What i would give to have in in an Arsenal shirt. One of Everton/EPL's best players this season. He is English too...would be a nice addition to a 'core English group'. One can only dream.

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
What i would give to have in in an Arsenal shirt. One of Everton/EPL's best players this season. He is English too...would be a nice addition to a 'core English group'. One can only dream.

Unfortunately he'll always be behind Cole when it comes to national team duty which is a shame.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
To be fair, Balotteli might be very infuriating but Mancini needs to put a lid on his histrionics. No wonder his team is so emotional. Always built in the image of its manager. Do you ever see Alex Ferguson, Ancelloti, Benitez or Wenger (may I also include the special on in this list) losing his rag like that against one of their own players in public? Besides, looks like Balotteli is trying to get Mancini off him...

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
To be fair, Balotteli might be very infuriating but Mancini needs to put a lid on his histrionics. No wonder his team is so emotional. Always built in the image of its manager. Do you ever see Alex Ferguson, Ancelloti, Benitez or Wenger (may I also include the special on in this list) losing his rag like that against one of their own players in public? Besides, looks like Balotteli is trying to get Mancini off him...

Mancini is a heart-on-his-sleeve kind of guy, and Balotelli is a big man-child. The end result is predictable. Considering the hundreds of millions of pounds being thrown at Man City, it is rather embarrassing to see two (at least nominally) grown men scuffling like that.

But hey, they won the league last season...

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
In a most worrying development, Hull City's newly appointed Managing Director tipped up on local radio this afternoon and mentioned that he was thinking about introducing goal music at the KC.

This must not be allowed to happen.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
In a most worrying development, Hull City's newly appointed Managing Director tipped up on local radio this afternoon and mentioned that he was thinking about introducing goal music at the KC.

This must not be allowed to happen.

Oh I disagree I think PSY's Gangnam Style, with the players on the pitch doing the dance moves.:D

Happy New Year Everybody.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Next thing you know you'll have cheerleaders! :eek:

Happy new year and here's hoping that Columbus has a better season in 2013.

If they had Cheerleaders I would come to look. Big girls and small uniforms make this a happybunny.
animal-smiley-051.gif

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Seems he's been paid off a sum of around £3-4m and is off to join Big Sam

Good riddance. A skilled player that has never filled his potential for some reason. He was perhaps worth a punt but it didn't pay off.

Speaking of offloading wage bills, it looks like we're set to offload one of ours. Thats 1 down 4 more to go. (Squillaci, Santos, Djourou & Arshavin)

Heh, it's easy to forget that Arshavin is still there. Why couldn't he have been crap when Liverpool needed it most? :eek:

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Haha...i remember that match. Classic. Gerrard, who was injured and playing Sky Sports pundit for the evening, was pissed!

Shame Arshavin couldn't cut it, everyone had high hopes but i think the decisive blow came after we lost that Carling Cup final plus the subsequent departure of Fabregas. He just didn't care anymore. Oh well. I hear PSV are interested in a deal for him.

In other news, Pardew says Ba to Chelsea deal is done.

Last edited:

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Haha...i remember that match. Classic. Gerrard, who was injured and playing Sky Sports pundit for the evening, was pissed!

Shame Arshavin couldn't cut it, everyone had high hopes but i think the decisive blow came after we lost that Carling Cup final plus the subsequent departure of Fabregas. He just didn't care anymore. Oh well. I hear PSV are interested in a deal for him.

In other news, Pardew says Ba to Chelsea deal is done.
Sorry to disappoint you.
This was posted on the PSV twitter and on PSV online
Andrej Arshavin zal niet naar PSV komen. PSV-watcher Thijs Slegers liet dit via Twitter weten. "Sprookjes bestaan niet mensen. Arshavin komt niet naar PSV. Grootste kolder die je kunt verzinnen."

Basically it says Andre will not be playing for PSV any time in the near future,and to stop believing in Fairy Stories.:D
PSV are looking to picking up Adam Maher from AZ during the winter stop.
In other news from the Netherlands
It has been confirmed that both Art Langeler and Jaap Stam are leaving PEC Zwolle at the end of the season. For you who don't know they are Trainer and assistant trainer. There has been no word on why the move.

Last edited:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
It has been confirmed that both Art Langeler and Jaap Stam are leaving PEC Zwolle at the end of the season. For you who don't know they are Trainer and assistant trainer. There has been no word on why the move.
Clearly the Bluefingers have lined up Pep Guardiola to take over in the summer, and naturally he's going to want to bring his own assistant in with him.

Yes, that's probably it.

EDIT: Schalke's Lewis Holtby has agreed pre-contract terms to join Spurs on a free transfer in the summer, looks to be a fantastic bit of business that.

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Good riddance. A skilled player that has never filled his potential for some reason. He was perhaps worth a punt but it didn't pay off.

Heh, it's easy to forget that Arshavin is still there. Why couldn't he have been crap when Liverpool needed it most? :eek:

stealing this from OwlsAlive:

"Apparently, David Villa is signing for Aston Villa, Antonio Valencia is going to Valencia, Nile Ranger is off to Rangers and Danny Shi ttu is signing for Liverpool..."

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Joe Cole playing his socks off for West Ham. Two assists in the game already.

EDIT: And of course RVP undoes all that work in one move.

EDIT: Alex Song and Luca Modric voted worst La Liga signings of 2012. Not by the reputable paper in existence though.

EDIT: I'm actually starting to believe Blatter is delusional. Says Boateng should've stayed on the pitch and taken the abuse.

Last edited:

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Apologies to Mansfield fans out there on that handball, the goal never should have been awarded. :eek:

I can't really be excited over the match apart from being pleased to see Sturridge open his account. Mansfield did a pretty good job of stopping Liverpool for much of the match.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
After seeing Luis Suarez score today, I am being to think all South American players come with a "Hand of God" goal mode. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.